TheHumbleTortoise Builder Application

TheHumbleTortoise

Mummer

United Kingdom

A Reddit post that reached the front page a while ago.

Everything Elderscrolls. (i've spent an alarming amount of time on UESP)

Game of Thrones

All of the above

It's difficult because there are so many different types of characters to choose from. But I have to go with Davos, he is an honest man who fights with who he deems right. For a while that is Stannis but he does not take a passive role and actively questions his liege. Then when Stannis starts burning children and things he protests and leaves, unlike a certain northerner.

-I have lots of experience with servers staffing quiet a few different ones both on Minecraft and elsewhere.
-I'm big on world building and especially exploring others built worlds, I always have at least 5 different tabs open of AWOIAF.
-I'm decent at building because... Well that's why I'm here in the first place.

I like building and I like ASOIAF. Okay but seriously I've been wanting do something like this for a while now, I've participated in builds on server's I've been a part of but never been on a build team but I always enjoyed it. Now that I've stopped doing that I saw this as the perfect opportunity to get back into MC and into a server community.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey this house is super good!
so some minor points I found in your build
1. The fireplace is massive, in a dornish home, a small hearth will suffice, as it's already super hot and a fire just makes thigns miserable
2. A bit too much food for a desert dwelling, it's also all over the house
3. too many windows allows more light and heat into a house
4. the roof and wood choices are a little dark for dorne
so, besides those, this is a really, really well done home. So what happens now is a series fo challenges to eb given. Please build me a middle class clothing maker in the style of Woodwright, if you need help just ask in game

TheHumbleTortoise

Mummer
Hey, and thanks! I'm quite happy with that one, although I did pay attention to form rather than function leading to the slightly unrealistic elements, which I tried to fix with this build.

Here is my Woodwright tailor, I quiet enjoyed this build and am fairly happy with how it went. (Also sorry for the breath in these pictures, I tried to limit it but it didn't really work)

Enah

Skinchanger
Wowzer! You have a lot of this down pat!

1. you don't need an outer hearth (stone in front of fireplace) on dirt floors.
2. make sure, especially in garden soils against the house walls, to have a stone block underneath the wall so the dirt doesn't show through
3. the roof supports are almost there, best way is to either fully cover them up with stairs and half doors or use a combo of halfdoors/stairs with 2 slabs between another stairs/halfdoor, but this isnt too off from it!
4. the garden is a little "bubbly" which just means its kinda of a blob, which is something we try to avoid, but you did really good on this.

Now, for a real challenge. Fairmarket Middle Class, profession of your choosing. Good luck! It's one of our most challenging styles ;)

Enah

Skinchanger
alright, not bad but
1. Massive chimney. that thing is far too large, Fairmarket has rather slim and dainty chimneys.
2. too much cheese (omg never thought i would say such) I get its a bakery and maybe they do special breads, but, that's a lot fo cheese, also unsure what the brown wool is meant to be
3. the (what im assuming is the) oven is not how a medieval oven would have been, there are some still in use today but the basic concept is a chamber that's heated by a fire burning inside it then you scrape out the ashes and cinders and quickly plop your dough balls in and close it tight with a removable door, the residual heat is what cooks the bread :D
4. rope ladders shouldnt be used as storage access, really they shouldnt be used outside of ships since they just kinda jiggle as you use them...
5. the dining ledge is unique
6. i have no idea what the giant stone table is doing on the second floor, all work should be done in the ground floors and residence and storage above
7. there is no residential quarters... where does the baker and their family and staff live?
8. I personally dislike fence windows, open with carpet of wood on bottom and a slab up top is jsut fine, or carved wooden dornish works, since these folks couldnt afford glass windows
9. the wood in the facade is strange, fm uses either solidly wooden or wood covered brick facades.
10. you did good on the flooring and ceilings!
11. perhaps a back door so they can access their yard
12. one final thing, the front and back look almost completely the same, it's acceptable to have mismatching window arrangements or even lil wooden bump out balcony things

this might seem like a lot, but it really isn't really... really...

so, imma give you another challenge, this one is the style of White Harbour class and profession fo your choosing however take careful note fo how the houses are done, some are really tricky and deceptive

good luck!