Gloomdale
Skyreach
Bywater
Barbel Point
Haystack Hall
Farring
Oldstones​

AWOIAF:
The Crag is the seat of House Westerling in the Westerlands. It is more of a ruin than a castle as the Westerlings no longer have the funds to maintain it. It sits along the coast of the Sunset Sea, south of Banefort, northwest of Ashemark, and northeast of Fair Isle.

The Westerlings are an ancient line, and proud house, that are descended from the First Men of the Age of Heroes. They once intermarried with the Kings of the Rock, and a Jeyne Westerling married King Maegor I of House Targaryen. The Crag is located on the western coast and was once well-regarded.

Ser Harrold Westerling was asked to join the Kingsguard under Viserys I Targaryen and he rose to the position of Lord Commander. Lord Roland Westerling also became one of the original members of the council of seven regents during the childhood of King Aegon III Targaryen. Many decades later Ser Ormond Westerling participated in the tourney at Ashford Meadow. Their arms were spotted by Dunk among the gathered heraldry.

According to a semi-canon source, the Westerlings supported Tywin Lannister when he suppressed the Reyne-Tarbeck rebellion.

During Robert's Rebellion, Ser Elys Westerling participated in the Sack of King's Landing. The Westerlings' fortunes have faltered over the years, with lands and mines being sold until the Westerlings were reduced to little wealth and influence. They now scarcely have the funds to maintain their keep, which is more ruin than stronghold, and are regarded as having more pride than power.

Lord Gawen Westerling offered his daughter Jeyne as a possible match for Willem or Martyn Lannister, but he was turned down by Ser Kevan Lannister, most likely because of her low standing, seeing as her maternal great-grandfather was a mere trader in saffron and pepper.

Lord Gawen Westerling is captured at the Whispering Wood. He is held at Seagard during his imprisonment.

Master Plan:
e2f8fbda51.png

Red=Castle
Brown=Roads
Green=Settlements
Orange=Holdfasts
Light Blue=Septry
Blue=Pasture
Yellow=Fields
Purple=Vineyards
Pink=Wineries
Green=Forest
White=Mines

The lands will be in relative disrepair (less so than the castle itself) simply because the Westerlings are a struggling house. I'll take a bit of inspiration from Castamere lands but they obviously won't be as rundown.

Inspiration:
San Leo, Italy
90f58ef8aa.png

a5b6c02c32.png

Castle Tests:
a19abf892e.png

Not all of the castle will be plastered. It will be limited mostly to parts of the castle proper.

Castle Layout (main portion):
0c266700e2.png

Mini:
8ccad45703.png

House Tests:
dd7d7670d9.png

Terraforming:
Crag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Elduwin

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey, here's my feedback:
1st, the castle is gorgeous!

Just noticed that there isn't signs of oven in the kitchen (there's the stone structure, but no ash or embers).
Also, why so many bones here and there?

There's river biome all along the coast, make sure to make it ocean biome instead.
Also, for the beaches, i'd use only ''dry'' sand, and play with biomes (use beach biome btw, it's birch forest right now) to make the transition to wet sand smoother.
Dry and wet sand really don't work well together sadly...

At the abandoned/ruined hamlet near the closed mine, North of the lands, the extinguished fire and ashes would have disappeared for a long time looking at how ruined the houses are. (x=-6469, y=8474)

Why didn't you do the Southern part of the lands? you had some stuff planned for there...
I'm not really in favor of leaving it empty like this.
I'd like you to fill the space at least to the location you had planned a septry, on the coast.

Hope you'll understand :)

Reactions: SMP and Wazgamer

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Done.

Contra is going to take some nice shader pics soon, which I will edit in once they're ready.

Hmm I'm trying to populate The Crag wiki page but I can't find the wiki article, and the above link is dead. Is it still floating around somewhere @SMP?