sm0

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
sm0

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
The Netherlands

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Instagram

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
the buildings and the medieval vibe.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Riverrun, because i like the unique shape of the fort, and the many details in the wall.

Why do you want to join our server?
I would like to build a small detailed town (with a friend), with nice terrain around it.

Tell us about your build.
I made a small medieval house with a kitchen, a storage room, living room and upstairs a bedroom with little study in it.

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/gallery/M7AlwXu

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Sm0,
Thanks for applying I can see you put a lot of thought and detail into this house.
There's a lot of really nice elements, you've obviously explored the breadth of our custom blocks.

It'll help on future builds to know there's a few blocks we try not to use too much these days:
- Trap doors are best just used as trap doors, since they can be toggled by default it's better to just use wooden slabs/carpet for shelves or half doors.
- Signs aren't really used for furniture/house exteriors, half doors will usually be fine instead.
- Probably an innocent mix up on your part, but you've actually used variants of stone rock blocks for the roof. Use thatch instead of the westerlands terrain and wooden planks instead of the stormlands terrain.
- We also try not to use the full wooden logs too much as they look a little bulky/don't allow for much variety.
- Bookshelves are also generally only used in rich high class houses, since books/paper was expensive and very few poor people could read.

The bed you added on the top floor is a fun design, but maybe a little elaborate, we've got quite a few bed varieties that will generally do the job.

It's also best to just one color of timber daub, just the yellow or brown would be fine here.

1608117595269.png

1608118142247.png

Sorry that might seem like a lot of feedback, but it's a good sign you've put this effort into the house, and you'll be great when you're familiar with our building styles.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Take a look at the Applicant Building Guide for some more tips, they'll help a lot.
Basic Building Guide for Applicants | WesterosCraft

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

Veggie

The Old Bear
This application has been rejected at this stage due to inactivity, you would be welcome to pick this up where we left off in the future.