Withdrawn Saltpans by Nomorefun_

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Stylistically its a bit too different but maybe a few more white daub homes in the plans might improve this issue.

White houses seems to be a trend along the Red Fork and Trident; Catelyn mentiones them near the Inn at the Crossroads, and the Inn of the Kneeling Man features whitewashed wood as well. Using whitewashed wood might be a good way to incorperate stylistic elements of Maidenpool as well as staying within the canon we have regarding the Trident.

Ric

Ser
Staff member
White houses seems to be a trend along the Red Fork and Trident; Catelyn mentiones them near the Inn at the Crossroads, and the Inn of the Kneeling Man features whitewashed wood as well. Using whitewashed wood might be a good way to incorperate stylistic elements of Maidenpool as well as staying within the canon we have regarding the Trident.
Adding to it, it's also present at the God's Eye region and we currently plan to include it in Whitewalls, besides being canonicaly present in God's Eye Town iirc. This seem to be a canon trend in this southeastern part of the Riverlands

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
Hey, just drop here some words.
I take to mind all suggestions and feedback, and I work on fix all issues. Unfortunately I don't have time last weeks so it stuck in place.
I should have more time in two weeks so them I will put there more informations and solutions about project.
Fun

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
So i made some tests.
New map:
0 - Quite Isle, this should be more conected with Maidenpool procject becouse there is the path of faith connecting isle with south bank of Trindent
1- Town of Saltpans
2- Village at bay of Crabs
3- Hamlet of shepherds with nascent textile industry
4- Quarry village
5- Lumbers hamlet
6- Sept /old warrior sons guard well fortified with terraced fields around
7- Hamlet in hills, mix of various profession and orientation, simple palisade around
8- Hamlet at Trindent, farmers and fishers
9- ruins of lumber hamlet, destroyed by mountain clans, before raid was semi abandoned because soil erosion after tree felling around
10- old fort of first men, now with wetlands from north side, cool looking ruins overgrown with trees
11- ruined mine and village
Between 1 and 9 will be area damaged as a result of tree felling (transforms into moors) and as a result of the extraction of salty peat for salt production (areas flooded by the tide)
Along main road connecting west and east will be farms scattered around.

Whitewashed rural house:

Salt square:

View of how I imagine town (with some changes when i get whole terra to work)

Fun

Reactions: DjTorec and Ric

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I'm loving the new map and the town layout but I'm not too sure about the buildings on the Salt square. I think the guild building could be improved a bit. Maybe if the wall sections were normal dark planks with the main beams being vertical dark wood with a covering of halfdoors then with wood tips on top of those could work nicely. Also I think the arches at the bottom could look a bit fuller than they do. Maybe if it was two blocks high of 2x2 wall blocks and then a full block above that for the column then with a stair or slab next to that? It might require raising the structures height by 1 but with a guildhall like that it should be fine, right?

Reactions: Guillaaard

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
I'm loving the new map and the town layout but I'm not too sure about the buildings on the Salt square. I think the guild building could be improved a bit. Maybe if the wall sections were normal dark planks with the main beams being vertical dark wood with a covering of halfdoors then with wood tips on top of those could work nicely. Also I think the arches at the bottom could look a bit fuller than they do. Maybe if it was two blocks high of 2x2 wall blocks and then a full block above that for the column then with a stair or slab next to that? It might require raising the structures height by 1 but with a guildhall like that it should be fine, right?
There is new version of guild hall I work with Emote
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...7/1006238747223928922/2022-08-08_18.32.41.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...7/1006238747605606460/2022-08-08_18.32.51.png

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey NMF,

The new map looks great!

The only feedback I still have at this point is a few concerns about some of the town house styles and their overall cohesiveness. I've left some melons at your town test in-game. Let me know if you have any questions about any of the melons and I'd be happy to explain further when I get a chance.

I still think it would be helpful to do a small but complete street test, with facades on either side (doesn't need to be large though, like 6-8 facades total), to get a cohesive picture of what a street of the town will look like.

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
Hey, unfortunately I want to tell you that I am abandoning my application for Saltpans because of the sufficient time I can devote to it and the fact that I do not feel ready to lead such an advanced project. I will be back in the coming months with smaller projects. The plans, ideas and tests stay with me and may be of use to me in the future if I decide to return to Saltpans.
Regards Fun