Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
rhaenyras

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
New Zealand

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I love everything about the world of GoT loved it so much that I have decided to start learning the language of High Valyrian.
Favorite character in GoT is The hound, not even season 8 ruined his character. Favorite battle scene is Battle of the bastards.
Also love the dragons in GoT and HotD, Cannot wait to see vhagar :D

What is your favorite build on our server?
Dragonstone, the level of detail and depth is amazing. I also love the dragon pit in kings landing, amazingly done and true to what the book describes it as

Why do you want to join our server?
Like I said I love the world of GoT and would love to be apart of Westeros being finished on this server, also have a lot of free time on my hands and im very interested in becoming a great builder

apply1.pngapply4.pngapply5.pngapply6.pngapply7.pngapply8.pngapply9.pngapply10.pngapply11.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Rhaenyras! First of all, sorry for the late response. In the future if no one replies to your post in a week you are allowed to bump it to remind us of its existance. Sometimes stuff can get buried among all the new messages :p

Seems like you are missing OptiFine. It's not included in our server modpack but it's still needed for it to properly run. It will significantly improve the look of your house and our builds when you see them. I don't know which launcher you are using to access our server but in our Getting Started guides you can find how to properly install OptiFine under any of the recommended launcher options. It's pretty easy, just be careful with the skechy links and pop-up windows that may appear when you click the download link. Here you can see how it is meant to look:

2021-08-07_22.50.02.png2021-08-07_22.53.01.png

Regarding your build itself, outside of the issues derivated from lacking Optifine, I think it's pretty nice! I see no issues with it. One small tip: in future builds here on your application you can stack dirt slabs to stop grass from spreading over dirt patches. This won't be an issue in our server since grass spreading is deactivated.

With this build we hope you catched some of the techniques and ways we have of building here. Now your task will be to build other houses in the style of different locations in our server, but this time instead of copying you will have to come up with a design of your own based on the characteristics of the area we tell you.

Your next challenge will be to build a house in the style of /warp Kerseyford, with a yard. Once you are done you can upload some screenshots here and I will evaluate them as soon as I can. Good luck and have fun!​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Nice work Rhaenyras! Kerseyford is an idillic little farmer village, so your choice fits perfectly. Now I will give you some feedback about it:​
  • When doing stone yard walls try to make them more smooth instead of having many jagged edges. What I mean by that is that you should alternate slabs and no slabs on longer strips, so it looks slightly uneven, but not too chaotic. Also you can mix some other stones other than cobble. In Kerseyford and the rest of Varner you can see river cobble, mossy cobblestone and regular cobblestone used.​
2021-10-31_19.02.05.jpg
  • Instead of using full blocks, use half door blocks for the wood shed at the yard, it would look less chunky.​
  • Most houses in Kerseyford don't have side overhangs, so you can remove them.​
  • The daub and wattle pattern is a bit chaotic. Don't worry, daub and wattle takes time to get the hang of. I would advice you, in this case, to simplify it. It being more symmetrical also helps. See this house below? The main pattern is vertical strips up and down, and then you got some reinforcements at the top and the bottom.​
2021-10-31_20.41.54.png
  • Nice detail with the apple tree! It's is, as you noticed, very fitting for the area. One small tip: instead of crates for storing the apples I would use baskets. Crates are quite heavy.​
  • When doing the interior of a roof try something like the image below, it gives more structure to it.​
2021-08-07_22.53.31.png
  • You used the wrong block when building the little wattle screen :p. It is called "wattle fence" and when you stack it the block bellow joins to the one above. If you use "wattle fence short" they never join together.​
Hopefully this doesn't seem like a lot! Most of the things I pointed out are small details that you will get used to doing sooner than you think. For your next challenge go to /warp ghham1 and build a house with a yard. Good luck and have fun!​