Questions about occupations

Lord_Stark_05

Storyteller
Hello everyone! I have seen a detailed list of medieval occupations on the forums, but I am having trouble discerning where the household sleeps. I would be entirely grateful if there were pointers given to make it easier for me and possibly others to know where the captain of the guard sleeps or others like that.

Enah

Skinchanger
I don't understand, they would have a mat or bed to sleep in. It's really jsut guessing for the most part. You got a barracks, there's a room of bunks and there's one nicer single room which would be the captains. The general staff of acastle might have rooms in the attics or houses outside the keep. Some sleep in the kitchens or the hall

Lord_Stark_05

Storyteller
Sorry, let me specify; the points that you said are all correct. You know more about this project than I do. I'm just wondering if there was a way to figure out what this person's occupation is based off of where that sleep. An example could be that I know for certain that these are the washer women's rooms, since they are built like servant's rooms, and are at a close proximity to the washroom. Those 2 pointers that I made up for this occupation is what I'm trying to figure out for that occupation, and some of the others.

Enah

Skinchanger
I some places yea sure but not all will. There’s a good chance many won’t be a direct clue to what they do.

Lord_Stark_05

Storyteller
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make my best assumptions on the places. I'm kind of new to this whole thing and I felt that I was just lost.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
if your looking for a captain of guards, there might be a bed in a barracks with a blanket while the rest are straw. but presumably it wouldn't be too different from the rest as they are only a captain, not a commander

Reactions: Enah