PSA: stand outside of a selection when copy/pasting

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi,

Just a PSA about a current bug with WorldEdit, so that people are aware and not caught off-guard.

If you copy something while standing inside of a selection box, and then paste it somewhere else, you'll sometimes get a weird error where your connection to the server gets throttled - though strangely it doesn't kick you, at least not right away (people have reported being on the server for at least 10 minutes after the incident occurred). This means that none of your block placements or chat messages since the error will be registered by the server. If you're not using chat, it's easy to keep building without realizing anything is wrong, which means that all your work during that time would be rolled back when you relog.

No clue what causes this bug, but it seems to be related to a similar issue in 1.11.2 where doing the same thing would disable teleportation until you relog. I don't think there's a way for us to fix it, since it's an issue with FAWE.

To avoid the bug, make sure to stand outside of your selection box whenever you're copying and pasting something (if you're copying something to create a schemset for the Schembrush, I think it's still fine to stand inside the selection when copying/saving). It's also a good idea to test chat after pasting something to make sure it still works.

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
(if you're copying something to create a schemset for the Schembrush, I think it's still fine to stand inside the selection when copying/saving)

I take this back. You also need to stand outside of the selection when copying/saving schematics, or else it can cause this error when you try to use a schembrush later on.

Basically, stand outside of selections at all time when using //copy.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Hi,

Just a PSA about a current bug with WorldEdit, so that people are aware and not caught off-guard.

If you copy something while standing inside of a selection box, and then paste it somewhere else, you'll sometimes get a weird error where your connection to the server gets throttled - though strangely it doesn't kick you, at least not right away (people have reported being on the server for at least 10 minutes after the incident occurred). This means that none of your block placements or chat messages since the error will be registered by the server. If you're not using chat, it's easy to keep building without realizing anything is wrong, which means that all your work during that time would be rolled back when you relog.

No clue what causes this bug, but it seems to be related to a similar issue in 1.11.2 where doing the same thing would disable teleportation until you relog. I don't think there's a way for us to fix it, since it's an issue with FAWE.

To avoid the bug, make sure to stand outside of your selection box whenever you're copying and pasting something (if you're copying something to create a schemset for the Schembrush, I think it's still fine to stand inside the selection when copying/saving). It's also a good idea to test chat after pasting something to make sure it still works.
Been there, done that.
I thought it was my shitty internet.

Reactions: Elduwin