Completed Project Application: Sable Hall by jMp007

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Talked to jmp about any problems in game! This should be a simple build for jmp to start back, good luck! Approved!

If you fuck up, I'll cut you.

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Post approval time!

1. Damages:

Okay overall the build doesn't seem to be very damaged, I'd recommend some more cracks in the ceiling and snow going inside the hall, possibly caused by snowdrifts etc. Remove some of the banners, they seem a bit too intact, and finally maybe strip back the stables to just foundations, or collapse the roof in.

2. Logs:
The rafters of the hall and logs inside look pretty outdated, swamp them out for just stairs, there's a nice rafter nice rafter in another wall castle that i can point you too.

Overall:
This is a pretty simple project, but good to see you building again. Good work! Post-approved by me following adaption to the above changes mentioned.

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey Jmp, so, I was actually wondering where the Nights Watch slept in this place (i figured they slept in the hall upstairs, tbh) . There's no evidence of previous buildings like dorms, despite the hall and stable still standing. I'd like it if you did a few more ruins, maybe what remains of cabins or bunkhouses, and then I'd say maybe do something with the surrounding areas. Maybe to the south there's a ruined hamlet or so.

so, onto the critique of the hall itself. I agree with waz on the stable being too intact and the logs. I also think you've far too much furniture and banners. Anything the nights watch didnt take would've been salvaged by the brothers on the wall from Castle Black or by the peasants close by.

Another thing, the snow should be built around it, part might even be buried, depending on snowfall averages in the narth. The snow builds up and jsut keeps adding and gathering in the corner, like sand does.

jMp007

Bard
Turns out I forgot to get this post-approved but I’ve changed some stuff around to answer your guys’ feedback.