Completed Project application: House Harte

Hey Duck
I would like to make an application for your cidery east from the keep.
Plan:
upload_2018-5-31_20-16-43.png
upload_2018-5-31_20-18-4.png
2 houses, a barn and cidery. The orchards will follow your new plan, so don't look at my red orchards. The style will follow the allready established style of harte.
I would like to help with the orchards, but it will probably be easier if you would WE them.
-endy

Reactions: Wazgamer

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Post-approval!

The keep:

Exterior wise this keep is stunning! I love the meadows, and pastures surrounding the base of the keep, and the small rock face against the river, really allows for a dynamic atmosphere.

Interiors; I found some exposed wool in a hole filled with sand? Confused by the placement of this also. There's another small room which has a desk and chair crammed into it that I'm unsure what it is.

On the bottom floor there is a table that seems to have been formed around a stone pillar? This seems very unrealistic. ,one of the lil cupboards has exposed gravel above it, more of a personal opinion but the furnace seems a bit too big and sprawling.

On the second floor you are met with a very empty hall upon leaving the staircase I'd add some tables at the end of the hall. Also on this floor there is a giant thatch bed that i believe is for servants, however I'd argue that the lord, or steward in charge of the servants wouldn't allow such a mess. I'd clean this up a bit with Thatch single beds.

In the rookery there's bed, let's just say I wouldn't want to be Harte's Maester. Cooped up in a stewing room with a bunch of ravens in summer and a bloody freezing one with raven's in Summer.

Hamlets:

The hamlets are pretty varied but I'd consistently give them a ranking of above 6/10 :D I will say though near to all diagonal houses have exposed thatch rafters, this isn't entirely wrong but in low class houses can give an overwhelming effect on the roof, where it simply isn't needed.

Harteham1 is a very nice village, all I'd point out here is the bridge. It has stone exposed which i assumed was left behind from a previous bridge. However I don't see why you haven't placed carpet blocks above it, I've left a melon to show an example there.

Harteham2 is also nice, I dont believe there's anything to flag you up on there.

Harteham3 I'll return to once finished

Harteham4 Once again, cute hamlet. Nothing major.

Harteham5 has a weird deer head hanging up on a fence post, nothing wrong with that just kinda weird how it's done

Very nice project, a big step up from Durwell! Good work. Post-approved from me, seeing that the above changes are made, I'll talk about hamlet 3 in-game.

-Waz

Reactions: Endymion
Thanks for the feedback waz! I’m gonna be on vacation until the end of this week but when i get back i will fix these things. A few explanations:

-The room with sand is a granary. It seemed a good use of the corner tower as alot of grain could be stored and easily acessed in both directions like that. I will fix the wool though.

-The exposed thatch on the diagonal houses was a stylistic choice I made early in the project; I felt it was more realistic and helped to liven up otherwise boring peasant houses. I can see however, why it may be seen as busy. If you like I can adjust them but idk if that’s totally necessary

Everything else I will adjust as noted and we will speak ingame after I approve hamlet 3.

Thanks!
-duck

Last edited: