Completed Project application: House Harte

Enah

Skinchanger
hi duck, so i noticed your sawmill is up where the creek (not river) is less swift,near where you propose it to start. this doesn't make too much sense, as water powered mills of any nature typically (tidal mills are an exception) need swift moving water.

Reactions: an_escaped_duck

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Okay I took a quick skim through the app, my major concern is your house tests.

Firstly I don't believe birch planks have been used in the local area at all, and it's barely used on the server in general either. So I'd suggest you'd avoid using this as it's honestly just difficult to make it look good and kind of an unneeded design choice you've taken.
Secondly on the far left and 3rd from the left house have curved roofs, which I'm really not sold on, for the sake of consistency I believe doing the peaked roof for them as on the daub would work a lot better.
Finally I believe switching out the dark cobble for small smooth stone brick would work a lot better in the palette to make a nice smooth blend of stone.

Check out Edgerton, and Sow's Horn for some neat Crownsland build that go along with your sorta style.

I know this is short but I feel once you address this your app will have already came a long way :)

-Thanks waz

-Updated birch to jungle, to match the rest of crownlands (this was a little too reachy, good call)
-All houses have got peaked roofs now
-Changed dark cobble to small smooth stone bricks

Thanks!

Reactions: Wazgamer

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Approved, I don’t believe you updated the app to have the new house tests, but it’s alright just thought I’d make you aware of that.

Reactions: an_escaped_duck
Also thought i'd share this:
I made a minimodel of the main village. It'll be more spread out ingame, its just hard to show scale at a 1:5 (roughly) model. It's got 14 buildings all told, plus a small communal baking area and a small fishing area. A short ways along the northern road there will be a small sept and lichyard.
A: Above A is the village barn, below is a small fishing area with fish lines, nets, etc. It's also got a small beachhead for skiffs and canoes.
B: Tavern
C: Blacksmith
D: Mill
E: Baking area. 2-3 ovens, with a granary or two.

Okay, its been roughly a month since I began this project and I figured I should give an update + some future plans...

In Progress:
-Main village is pretty much done, just need to check everything over, add/adjust some foliage, add detail, and work on the river banks on the village side.
-Hamlets 2 and 4 are built, and also need to be checked, and have foliage added and some details
-I've begun work on western forests around harteham2
-Fields are like 60%done, just need to run scripts on one large section and add some trees, plus plot the ones in the below map...
-Cheesery and surrounding pastures are like halfway done, need to work on the final hedge shapes, as well as add trees and other vegetation

Planned additions:
ZxaRjaA

Here is an in-detail map of the rest of the southern lands...
Main concern is the pastures directly northwest of the castle as I'm not sure whether I should make those fields or just stick with pastures. As you can see, there are also a couple planned settlements (logging camp in the west, hamlet which I am working with schmiedolaf on in the east), as well as the usual scattered houses. I'd like to move onto these plans somewhat soon, but first I will complete the western forest as well as the pastures around the cheesery so I can have a template for how they will look everywhere else.

Looking ahead:
The south is mainly where everything of note is located, like the castle, most of the hamlets, and fields and pastures. Time spent working on the north will mostly be terraforming related (large forest and river work), with a few small settlements. If any editor would like to lend a hand with the forest or river, it would be much appreciated :).

Of course, any feedback is welcome on these plans or anything else going on in the project.
-Duck

SchmiedOlaf

Storyteller
Hey folks,

here is my application for Harte hamlet 3. This is my first miniproject ever and therefore I will work closely together with @an_escaped_duck. The hamlet consists of five houses (,I will stick to the style guide of the harte main hamlet, because they are literally 1 minute from each other away), which are all multi-tenant, e.g. home to farmers or servants working in the local towerhouse. So there will be no profession in this small hamlet. Also important: The Towerhouse was made by Duck and NOT by me! However, Duck gave me the opportunity to finish the towerhouse (mainly the already plotted interiors).HarteHam3.png
Hopefully, you like my small first application.
Best Regards
SchmiedOlaf

Thanks waz!
I suppose this is as good a time as any to make another update, as I've made significant progress this last week. Here are my plans for the remaining parts of the southern lands...

https://ibb.co/fvaiNd

Light blue: Lightly forested plains. Near to the east road, where it connects to harte, will be a small traders camp.
Green: Mostly finished areas. These areas are 95%complete, barring small details, a final check through, and some light worldediting for the roads and to remove any placeholders i didn't
catch.
Purple: Orchards, you can see they are centered around a small cidery worked on by the members of hamlet 3.
Orange: Pastures, mostly unoccupied except for the one closest to hamlet 3.
Yellow: Fields for the hamlet 3 occupants.

I anticipate finishing the things outlined in the map within the week. After that, all that remains is the two forests and river, a hunting lodge, and logging camp, as well as finishing hamlet 5.

Thanks!
-duck