Withdrawn Project Application - House Dosk by shelFry

shel

Bard
Hello all, I'm shelFry or as you may better know me, just Shel. This is my first official project application for a solo project, House Dosk of the Reach. House Dosk is a Noble house in the Northern Reach sworn to Highgarden, and neither their sigil nor words are mentioned in Awoiaf canon.
Doc of plans and other things: here
In case you miss it, I'm using the Durwell regional style for houses, as I've been told by mods and duck himself that the Houses surrounding Durwell are required to use this style. ALL CREDIT GOES TO an_escaped_duck, NOT ME!!!
Thanks for reading, and hope you like it! :D

Last edited:

Enah

Skinchanger
Dosk is a trading village, not a noble house. There is no castle on the project, the land belonged to the Osgreys but at current it pays tithe and fealty to another unmentioned house. It is most likely under the rule of House Oakheart of Old Oak

Also, as I mentioned earlier, your HF tower did not count towards the resume, so you will need to seek out a mini which includes a defensive structure and surrounding lands. The point of the mini is to give you XP in land management and planning for larger projects. And no, duck was asked to update the style for HIS project, as the style that existed in the region was outdated severely. It is advisable that you make your own tests, but you do not have to directly use his style. I'm unsure which mods told you that, but you can make a variant for your houses or even make 2 styles, a transitional one and your own style. So, once you have done the minimum required mini project.

shel

Bard
yikes, really didn't prepare well enough obviously D:
Will definetly fix what you mentioned, but when we were talking earlier today, I thought by that I should make a mini project with surrounding lands too you meant it was recommended, not required. I did think the whole 'regional style' thing was weird though
btw, when you say dosk would have no castle do you mean no HFs too?
(I did actually already make tests though, just in case, so that's good)
Will update when requirements are met.

As far as style goes, every project around dosk uses roughly the same style (the one I updated) so I don’t think you should make any drastic changes to the houses. Of course as enah says, you can mess with roofing material, accents, plotting, etc, so that it isn’t completely the same.

Enah

Skinchanger
Hf's are not castles, they are towers for the safety of the local populace. But the town would not have a noble living in a fortress nearby.

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Duck as far as I can tell with projects in the past just using the same blocks has been enough to say it’s consistent. Shel likely chose the dosk region because they liked nearby styles so I don’t think their would be a problem with drastic changes.

Also Shel a mini project in the form of a hamlet, preferably one with a holdfast also works as a mini project, in the past we used to accept just standalone holdfasts but they don’t really represent any skill in terms of planning, which is key to making a good project.

Reactions: Elduwin