Abandoned Project Application: Hellholt by Majortom12466 & _Benja

_Benja

Street Preacher
Due to the migration of forum webpages we are required to resubmit our Hellholt application.
This project is currently pending approval, so far we have Andy_Jones as one moderator taking on this project. Our proof is located in the old forum thread which is linked below.

Our document: http://tinyurl.com/zyw8o8k

The old forum thread: http://tinyurl.com/yaw3c3h2

Flora Tests:

Last edited by a moderator:

_Benja

Street Preacher
I wanted to give a quick update.

First off, I wanted to apologize for my spotty appearances lately.. I've been busy w/ work and school and a few friends here and there and I just haven't been on to build that much (Except for some late night appearances).

On another note... I've already started working my way around the Hellholt keep and have made some progress updating exteriors and some (minimal) interiors. I recently had a bit of a creative block when it came to the interiors so I took a little time to research and I believe I've found some things I can work with! However, if anyone has any suggestions I'd definitely want to look into them :)

Thanks

_Benja

Street Preacher
Hello. I wanted to post an apology for not being on as of late... I've had a lot going on right now between work and school and some other issues and I just don't feel ready to come back on yet. In the next few weeks I think I'll be ready though and I'll get back to work on the keep :p. Thanks

_Benja

Street Preacher
Hey guys, I've been super absent lately and I'd like to apologize. I'm not leaving, I'm just super burnt out and I need more time to relax more than focus on this until my workload IRL steadies / slows down... I should mention that I want to relearn terraform so that I'm able to complete the promised plans on the Keep (lowering keep for example) and finishing the river, so I might occasionally pop on to focus more on that for the time being...

As always, any feedback is welcome. I've gone around the Keep and I'm not quite satisfied with some of the rooms but I feel more confident that it won't be as much of a major focus (More focusing on making relevant rooms out of the empty ones / refurnishing rooms for more practical use).

The town is somewhere where I feel there might be a more stagnant flow of progress as Tom has been planning it out, and unless I can get in contact with him, then I would feel like shit taking over plans he might have had planned out already.

Thank You! I hope everyone understands the situation :p I definitely didn't expect this to drag out like it has, but I also didn't expect to be working 2 jobs (because life), and having a lack of inspiration. I imagine once Summer is over I might have some more headspace to think more on how to fix up what needs to be done ;)

Cya later!

-Ben

_Benja

Street Preacher
So for the life of me I couldn't get the 64bit java installed onto my new computer, but through some miracle I managed to fix it... I will be on more often now and I'll be able to work more on the project =) <3

Erikiglesiass

Mummer
Hello! Here's Erik former builder in charge of Hellholt, just wanna come here and first of all congratulate both builders in charge for the changes in the village (even though its not finished it already looks gorgeous, way better as I intended it to be) and some of the keep ones, I really like them. Just wanted to point out a couple changes you made that maybe go against the canon, just in case i want to point them out.

-I decided to not include neither farms or too much fancy plants around because its specified in AWOIAF that first the river is completely sulfurous and have a yellowish colour and also "the plants that grow along its banks are strange and stunted things". Again, its a sulfurous river, not suitable at all for crops. Instead of I wanted to center Hellholt in the Sandsted trade (i had planned to add some big stables and spaces for dressage of horses around the keep and town plateaus).

-In AWOIAF was also described how Meraxes was shot in the eye by a ballista of the keep so I dont see the point for removing them from it.

Again, you guys are doing a great job and wanted to add some constructive feedback, hoping to find you online from time to time and tell you (if you want of course) a couple ideas i had and couldnt even start with them, maybe you find them useful.
Greetings, Erik.

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey, so, since you last were on we actually have done more research about biology, certain crops and fruits thrive in sulphuric soils. A sulphuric river can support life, there’s all kinds of examples irl. The ballisitas were removed so they could work on the towers and roof of the castle

Erikiglesiass

Mummer
Hey, so, since you last were on we actually have done more research about biology, certain crops and fruits thrive in sulphuric soils. A sulphuric river can support life, there’s all kinds of examples irl. The ballisitas were removed so they could work on the towers and roof of the castle
Issues cleared then <3

Reactions: MajorTom12466

MajorTom12466

Golden Voice
Thank you for the feedback and positive comments! Hope to see you on sometime. Feel free to message me on here or there with any more comments :D

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I would like to make a motion toward marking this project as abandoned.
Does anyone have any updates on _Benja's or MajorTom's activity?