Problem with Java in Launcher!

LumoBoss

Mummer
I downloaded the launcher for the first time yesterday and tried the launch the game. I had recently downloaded the 64bit Java version 8 update 221 and thought that would work fine for the game. When I clicked play in the launcher though, it says no compatible Java installation found, so I clicked the install Java pop up that appears which sits on 100% extracting forever. I redownloaded the launcher and Java multiple times and have made sure I have the Java Executable has the right path in the settings (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin\javaw.exe) but it says invalid selection. This is very frustrating and I would greatly appreciate any help!

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Your launcher isn't pointed at the 64bit version, but the 32bit one. If you installed the correct, 64bit Java you'll find it at
Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\..
, and not at
Code:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\..
, as that is reserved for 32bit programs. Update the launchers java execution path appropriatelly (you should be able to just delete the (x86) part if you installed java in the default location. If that still doesn't work, you've not downloaded the correct version.

LumoBoss

Mummer
Your launcher isn't pointed at the 64bit version, but the 32bit one. If you installed the correct, 64bit Java you'll find it at
Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\..
, and not at
Code:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\..
, as that is reserved for 32bit programs. Update the launchers java execution path appropriatelly (you should be able to just delete the (x86) part if you installed java in the default location. If that still doesn't work, you've not downloaded the correct version.
I do not have any java files in program files, only program file (x86)