PROBLEM RUNNING LAUNCHER

SirJackald

Mummer
Hi, I'm SirJackald and I want to play in the server, but I can't, because the launcher gives me lots of problems. I updated everything and Logged In, but when I click in "Launch Minecraft" (in "WesterosCraft Production" section) it didn't do anything. When I go to "LOG" section it says that:

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M
[16:59:22.340] Minecraft process terminated

I don't know what I have to do. Please, help me to solve that. (If I writed bad English, is because I'm from Spain, and I don't speak it very well :/)

hello sir,
I think it may be a problem with memory. In the launcher settings (gear icon in top left corner), try setting your minimum and maximum memory to 3G.

SirJackald

Mummer
Hello, an_escaped_duck.
I already have that configured as minimum 3G and maximum 3G. But it still does not work. This is all I have in the Java section:

Minumum Memory: 3G
Maximum Memory: 3G
Java Home Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_171
JVMOpts: -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+AggressiveOpts
Program Wrapper: There is nothing here

Thanks.

SirJackald

Mummer
Hi Enah!

I changed the maximum memory to 4G. But it stills saying the same:

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Initial heap size set to a larger value than the maximum heap size
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M

SirJackald

Mummer
I don't know what to do, cause I tried to install the minecraft vanilla version (downloading all the mods) but when I launched minecraft, it crashed.

Somone can pass me the Technic Launcher's Link, please?

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
You might still need to delete the "WesterosCraft" folder from %appdata%/roaming and then delete & redownload the launcher. Have you done that also? The launcher doesn't automatically update your Java path.

Also, have you read this thread yet? It has some instructions in Spanish.