Probation: Uldirone

Uldirone

Storyteller
Hi,

this will be my probation thread on which I will post the 5 required houses' location.

Thanks in advance to the probation leader and I hope we will do great together!

See you soon, in game or on the forum,

Uldirone

Reactions: witherack

Uldirone

Storyteller
Second house: /warp sarsfield at -5968, 79, 10810.

Uldirone

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Ill be your probie leader Uld. We talked in game. We will go through the houses in game and ill leave the main points of your feedback for you here as well. Hope you enjoy your probation :D

If you have any questions about anything just ask me :)

Reactions: Uldirone

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
We took a lok at your first two houses together. It was very good, for your first builds. There was not super much to say, its clear that you have been on the server for a while.

But here the key aspects:

Ints:
1. Dont use full blocks of bread for simple low class houses. They are mostly reserved for bakers and the wealthy.
2. Having a whole basket of grain seems a little much for a small farm house. Try divide your storage into several blocks. And most foods should not be left with no cover.
Exterior:
1. In the first house you had put the wrong kinds of window, for that type of low class house. Make sure note the difference in tha classes when seen the style guide. But generalle window shutters are not used for low class houses anyways. But you´ll catch up on that along the way.
2. We divided your garden into to small patches instead of one big one.
3. You have to make a "ground cover" under your garden greens like cabbage in your case. Make some with mud, plowed soil etc.

Uldirone

Storyteller
Hi Johan,

First of all, thanks a lot for taking care of me and giving me such good advice and feedbacks.

Then, here is the third house on which there will be more things to say unfortunately. Like you saw, I took the worst layout ever and tried to see how I could handle but I'm not sure I managed it well although I did my best to. In the spite of that, I would be glad to know your tips for this kind of layout, etc. and even rebuild it together! :)

Third house: /warp norreyham1 at 127, 73, -15373

Last edited:

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hello :)

Good job on the challenging plot. It looks like somebody already left you some feedback, but didn't tag themselfs. I assume its Aeks though, so just do what his signs say, i agree with them. It is all relatively minor stuff and details so you will manage. Only thing i would add is the weird diagonal fence inside the barn. There is no reason to try so hard to make the diagonals sometimes. Also make sure your thatch on the floor is in patches and not too spread out.

ps. I forgot to mention, but during your probation you need to build 5 houses. Preferably in 5 diffrent styles.

Uldirone

Storyteller
Heya,

I have been changing what the pumpkins asked me to. Also, I shared my work with some friends of mine who didn't really like the building I did but I know for sure they would've been challenged as well if you gave them the same layout, haha! And to be honest, I thought I would be more criticized on the server but looks like it fits in so I'm happy :D.

Here is the fourth house: /warp whvillage at -53332 77 8380.
(I also made the garden next to ;) )

I know, it's the 3rd house in the Westerlands style I built so I will try to see what I can do in the other regions, especially the Reach or the Vale.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hi Uld!

I think you should talk in game with me (or Pix the project lead), about house number 4 . It has a few things we need to take a look at, and id like to cover it in game.

You are closing up on the end of the 30 days probation period. Since you have not yet built 5 houses, and only 2-3 styles so far, ill have too extend your probation period. Just until i have seen a recurring level of quality.

Hope you are doing good :D

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Uld it has almost been two months since we have seen you. You are probably busy right now and thats ok. Once you get the time to continue your probation, just leave a message here. Then we can startup again. I hope to see you finish.

- Your probie leader, Johan

Uldirone

Storyteller
Hey,

I have seen you in game tonight so I hope it gave you some hope as I will continue my probation if you allow me. Of course, it has been a long time since I hoped on and I am really sorry for not giving any life signal in a while but in the mean time I haven't stopped being a builder. In fact, this is my last project: . I am looking forward to work again with you if you will allow it!

~Your former apprentice, ~Uldirone.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
It's awesome you are back Uld! Yes you can continue your probation, but you will have to restart the 30 day period and make a new thread. I love your rohan build, it's cool to see you have been honing your skills in the time you were away.

This is some default info i give everyone. Take note of the new plot system, it has changed since you first joined.
  • You can find plots on the dyn map // press menu in the top left corner // press Open Plot.
  • To diversify your garden plants see /warp crops
  • When making houses with professions see /warp jobs
  • You can always ask people for help, someone will certainly answer.
  • I suggest you have the same name on forums as in-game (if you have two names, it can be changed here Name change ).
  • This here is the New Builders Guide
When you post your builds here on the forums please post following information:
  1. #x. The build number. Post it both here and on the in game tag.
  2. /warp ???
  3. Coordinates
Looking forward to continue your tranning :D.

- Johan

Uldirone

Storyteller
Hi Johan, thanks for taking me back and thanks for your comments on my Rohan Project!

Here is the first house : /warp frosth2 at 9427 80 -11298

(Low class Hunter)

Let's find a second house!

Kind regards,

~Uldirone.

Edit : I chose to keep using that thread as I don't see why I should not, it is good as it is right now!

Last edited:

Uldirone

Storyteller
Second house : /warp lesbos at -1835 44 15688

(Low class Farmer)

~Uldirone.

Last edited:

Uldirone

Storyteller
Third house : /warp dyrham2 at 6969 41 8874

(Low class Fisherman sheltering 5 people)

~Uldirone.

Uldirone

Storyteller
Fourth house : /warp hammerhalhamlet1 at -6709 65 20823

(Low class Hunter)

~Uldirone.

Last edited:

Uldirone

Storyteller
Fifth house (This time, I've done it Johan! Won't let you down again) : /warp buckley at 1386 48 14889

(Low class)

~Uldirone.

Reactions: Iwan

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
We saw each other in game today, and we wen't through your houses in game!

It's visible that you have already had some experience as a builder, but here is a few things to remember.
  • Add mud patches to yard, id like them to be a few larger ones of around 6 blocks rather than many small.
  • Glass is only for high and middle class, use pewter and flagons.
  • That one diagonal window looked odd, id just stick to linear windows with no twits and turns.
  • You can add more grass to bigger yards. Remember if they would not walk around an area it would turn grassy, so that would be corners and such.
Overall good job! Can't wait to see what you have for me in your upcoming urban house!

Uldirone

Storyteller
Sixth house : /warp kl35 at 3556 46 -790

(Barber)

I kind of struggled on that one since it was a re-do but I think that'll do it! (You'll tell me anyway)

~Uldirone.