Probation: TurtleSnipesz (~Herm)

TurtleSnipesz

Storyteller
Hi, here is my probation thread:

I am happy to approve your application without a challenge build, on the basis of your long history with the server. I will however get you to go through an abbreviated probation period - once your first 5 houses are signed off by a probation leader I am happy for you to jump right back up to full builder.

My probation houses are located at:

Varner: (-2475, 15587)
Hammerhal: (-6657, 20965)
WH5: (1366, -2881)
KL31: (3542, -853)
KL32: (3591, -694)

Reactions: EStoop

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Varner: Love it, no qualms what so ever.
Hammerhal: I'd say don't try and have a wattle fence as an open shutter. have it flush with the building so it doesn't look like its hovering. This is just because they don't really have much structural integrity or look like they join the structure well at a perpendicular angle.
Also, it would make more sense if the thatch slab and thatch carpet at the end of the bed were switched. I love the yards though, you've been doing really great stuff!
White Harbour Hospital: Looks like you made the most of a very difficult plot. I love it and the yard is beautiful. Good work. If Seri and Ric are good with it, I am too.
KL31: I love it too, really nice use of space inside, use of new blocks etc. only thing I'd say is use Small Stone Brick Arrow Slit Window rather than the Stone Brick one.
KL32: I am okay with the stone gradient. it could be just a little bit better but I am not sure how. Maybe the district leads might leave melons. But I am fine with it. Interiors look good and I like the cordoned off bench and seat. However the rafters feel too few for the ceiling. maybe one more row of stairs?
The wattle framing is looking very good to me.
Sapville: Simple house but it fits. Nice smokehouse and yard, looking good. especially the well sized woodpile.

I look forward to checking out any more builds you do.

I am not sure if you have to do a full probation period as a returning builder but from everything that I've seen, you are high standard and ready to go. If we're going for full probation month, keep me posted on any more builds you do and I can offer suggestions details etc. You seem to be quite good already.

Reactions: TurtleSnipesz

TurtleSnipesz

Storyteller
Thanks for the feedback! I will go over each house once more to address your feedback and any more melons people might have left. The way I understood my probation is just the 5 houses (see the quote from Codd in the first post of this thread).

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Well, I’m blind. Apologies Herm. You are good to go back to full builder.

Have fun building, you’re really good and I hope to see lots of more high quality structures from you.
Also, please do some more trees, Herm evergreen is lovely