Probation: Telcontaro

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Hello!
This is my probation thread, I'll get to buildilng soon.

Edit: I've updated my Minecraft username to Telcontaro (from NinjaMango) to better match my forum name.

Reactions: zac
Hello Telcontaro, congrats and welcome to the team! I’ll be your probation leader for the following weeks :D.

You know the gist, you need to do at least 5 houses in 5 different styles, you can build as many as you want after that.

When you post your builds here on the forums please post the following information:
  1. Build number.
  2. /warp ****
  3. Coordinates xx/yy/zz
I’ll try and feedback your houses in-game with you as much as I can, but nowadays my schedule is packed so we’ll see. My time is GMT, so the same as you, I’ll probably be more active during the weekends. Here's this guide for more information: New Builder's Guide . Any other questions you can always contact me through forum direct messages or on discord!

The probation period is usually a month, but if I deem you’re not ready I’ll extend the time, don’t be afraid to make mistakes, mistakes are always important regardless if you are a probie or a mod, but, if there’s any better time to make mistakes it’s during probation! And while building you can and should ask for help from other builders, hear their explanations, look at their examples and ways of doing things. But don’t let them build and step in your place, the purpose is not to make state-of-the-art pieces with the highest standard, it’s for you to learn and improve, that only happens if you do it yourself.

But above all else, have fun and engage in the community :D!! And good luck :)

Reactions: zac

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Hi SseriousBusiness, I look forward to working with you :)

First build complete! A low-class farmer's house in Peachville. The only thing I'm not really sure about is the rear, ground-level window looking into the yard.

Build number: 1
/warp peachville
XYZ coordinates: 2512, 50, 14948

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Hey, second build done :)

A low-class weaver's house at the Tor, supplying a dyeing workshop. The house is quite small so I've had to make a super small loom, hopefully still represents it quite well.

Build number: 2
/warp TorMine1
XYZ coordinates: 5240, 79, 23441

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Third build done!

Low-class farmer's house in Blondymerton. I kept the interior quite minimal since the village is tiny and seems fairly poor. I've also tried to implement some of your feedback from the yard in Peachville when doing the garden.

Build number: 3
/warp blondymerton
XYZ coordinates: 197, 74, 17301

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Fourth build complete!

Middle-class furrier's house in Kingslanding. I'm not super confident in my gradient (I've asked Des for feedback) but I've tried to make it look natural.

Build number: 4
/warp KL14
XYZ coordinates: 3737, 63, -1097

Reactions: SseriousBusiness

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Fifth house done!

A middle class house in Ryasmport comprised of a baker's shop, a middle class home and a low class home. GentleIronGiant helped me with the fireplace design, thank you!

Build number: 5
/warp Ryamsport
XYZ coordinates: -10236, 60, 25147

Telcontar

Street Preacher
I've done my 5 in different styles so I'm just building houses wherever now.

Sixth house built in Ryamsport. Low class cobblers with a middle class and low class home above.

Build number: 6
/warp Ryamsport
XYZ coordinates: -10234, 79, 25212

Last edited:

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Seventh house built in Ryamsport. A low and middle class house on different floors of the same buliding.

Build number: 7
/warp Ryamsport
XYZ coordinates: -10224, 71, 25161

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Eighth build is a barn in Milfton. I enjoyed the interior a lot on this one.

Build number: 8
/warp Milfton
XYZ coordinates: 2253, 57, 15313

Ok, a summary of all the points I went through with Tel!

House 1:
-FB on organization of yard space and veggie patch plotting (regular rectangles)
-FB on ground mix gradient, dirt-gravel-pebbles and other variations, making sure blocks don't touch other blocks that don't follow the gradient
-FB on understanding of scale and when and how to detail, example: blocky thatch details in windows and door
-suggestion of some designs for detailing

House 2:
-NO CRATE TABLES
-That's it :)

House 3:
-FB on some slight decoration changes
-FB on pebble gradients where dry storm lands can't touch gravel only dirt and wet pebbles can't touch dirt only gravel

House 4:
-No substantial FB just some minot changes like the table cloth design and one block in the stone gradient

House 5:
-FB on structural clunky designs like the gable window detail on the roof, the street covering and the bakery furnace
-FB on slight gradient spots like the chimney

House 6:
-FB on floor house gradient
-FB on some slight floor plan elements and detail

House 7:
-No FB

House 8:
-No FB

The progress has been substantial. I've gone over all the houses either by private message or melons with Tel. I will want to see just a couple more houses, and if there are any open do some different styles, if you can't find projects in other regions with houses open it's fine. If I don't have any FB to give on the next houses then I'll approve you.

Great job so far!

Reactions: Telcontar

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Build no. 9!

A beekeeper's house in Wickenden with a wax processing workshop and root cellar. I only did the house/workshop/cellar on this one, as the beehives and garden area were already there. This style of house was a fun change to build. :)

Build number: 9
/warp Wickenden
XYZ coordinates: 6205, 53, 8238

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Tenth build is a chandler's house (more waxworking!) in Hammerhal Hamlet 4. Due to the prescence of a farmer selling honey and mention of "a nearby apiary" I've assumed the chandler is making beeswax candles. It was nice to have a house with a yard again, love doing yards/gardens! I also tried my hand at a peach tree. I both love and loathe building trees, so we'll see what the feedback's like :p

Build number: 10
/warp hhham4
XYZ coordinates: -6214, 73, 20576

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Build 11 is a "minor update" to a small fleatbottom tenament in King's Landing. I added the top floor, underground thieves' den and expanded the middle floor layout a bit and redid the upper floor walls in verticle planks. Apart from that I just made a few interior changes, mostly to match the layout alterations, but tried to keep the general feel mostly the same.

Build number: 11
/warp KL23b
XYZ coordinates: 3987, 80, -890

Telcontar

Street Preacher
House 12 is a farmer's house in Cobb. Not much to say about this one, I enjoyed the yard as usual. Herbs grown are Sage, Kingscopper and Fennel plus Rosmary outside the yard.

Build number: 12
/warp Cobb
XYZ coordinates: 2936, 46, 15250

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Build 13 is a barn in Cobb. Building two barns has made me really support the block request thread for pitchforks, as the block built forks are bulky and annoying to place. The peasants demand pitchforks! :p

Build number: 13
/warp Cobb
XYZ coordinates: 2906, 46, 15262

Telcontar

Street Preacher
Build number 14 is the Ryamsport Inn/Tavern. Originally I built a test for this just to break up the monotony of doing houses, but Elduwin's been happy enough with it add it to Ryamsport.

Tavern's on the groundfloor. Best inn rooms on the middle floor, and the cheap communual room + innkeeper's quarters are top floor.

Build number: 14
/warp Ryamsport
XYZ coordinates: -10232, 77, 25190