Probation: SquizzesMC

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hi Squizzes! I see you have not build your first house yet. But when get time and/or motivation to get started i will be your probie leader. You can just go ahead and build your houses when ever you wanna start. The probation period is 30 days with minium 5 houses. But if you don't have time to build the houses in that time we can extend the duration of your probation, no problems there. I will post the general bullet points of your feedback here, but would prefer to go through the house in game with you.

Here is some useful information.
  • You can find plots on the dyn map, via the menu.
  • You can also find plots at /warp build
  • To diversify your garden plants see /warp crops
  • When making houses with professions see /warp jobs
  • You can always ask people for help, someone will certainly answer.
  • I suggest you have the same name on forums as in-game (if you have two names, it can be changed here Name change ).
  • This here is the New Builders Guide
When you post your builds here on the forums please post following information:

1. #x. The build number. Post it both here and on the in game tag.
  2. /warp ???
  3. Coordinates
I suggest you make a custom "tag" to distinguish your tag block from the rest. One or two blocks should do it. Don't want it to become too big and messy.

I am looking forward to seeing you in game! Welcome to westeros.

- Johan

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Squizze! Very very good first house. I am very impressed by the yard.

You have added grass and vegetation, and it's has a bunch of immersive elements. Very good job!

There is a few things we can take a look at. I will leave feedback here and on melons in game for the next time you come by.

• When making firewood cover dont use the oak cover block. It seems like a wood carpet when it bends that way. Instead use the "oak wood carpet" as i demonstrated in game.
  • Thatch carpets should be bumpy, using both full blocks and carpet blocks. I demonstrated in game.
  • Don't have too many things hanging by the celling, it becomes messy. Max 2-3 objects in a small house.
  • The sleeping area is very good!
  • Never use the table block in low class houses only in mid/high class. Use the bench instead.
  • Around areas with a lot of activity in the yard, there would not be grass, but dirt and mud.
  • If the whole veggie patch in unharvested there shouldn't be a full basket with veggies right next to it. You can make the veggie patch harvested of course.
  • Add some mud patches.
  • In such a big yard they would make much better use of the space and have large veggie patches. You could increase the food production by around 40-50% by making better use of the space. See how i plotted it in game.
This might seem like a lot but it won't take long to fix. It's a very good first house. And brave of you to take a diagonal plot!

Swing by the plot next time you come online and take a look at the melons.

- Johan

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hey Squizzes!
Remember to add the nearest warp for you build. This build happened to be in my own project so it's ok.
Both the new build and the corrections you made to the first looks great!
I smoothed the snow a bit. Remember that snow should be as smooth as possible at all times.

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Whats up Squizzes! Took a look at your most recent house.

You did a great job on this one. There was a lot of improvements.

Here is a few things too take a look at.
  • Add some mud patches to the yard. Remember to make one or two large ones, not many small.
  • Never have grass directly under another block. Like at the firewood currently.
  • You could add some more grass to the edges where there rarely would be anyone walking around.
  • There is a fire in the fireplace but no smoke in the chimney.
  • Since it's a farmer maybe add som grain sacks to the ints?
  • I would use the cleaver instead of a dagger. A dagger is more like an ornate weapon. But it's apparently a matter of taste.
Once again very good job Squizzes, can't wait to see what you cook up next.

- Johan

Reactions: DutchGuard