Probation: Shymon184

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Hi Shymon and congratulations on becoming a probation builder, In the next month I will ask you to build atleast 5 houses, each in different style & area!

Reactions: Shymon

_Simbaa

Printmaker
We went through the houses ingame, here are the highlights:
- make sure your shelves arent impossible to reach
- have your carpets in larger patches!
- avoid using cushioned seats on dirt/gravel floors, they wouldnt last very long and would get infested by lice and other insects!
#2, #3
- all good!
- make sure the rafters are always placed in the optimal way to cover any slate, thatch etc... that we want to have covered!
- make sure no bushes are clipping through the walls
- its better to have horizontal ropes to hand stuff from rather than vertical ones!
- use muddy sand in patches - otherwise it wont be able to have its full texture affect
- always have some plants not fully grown in carrot/turnip patches!
- have grass in areas where people wouldnt walk often (corners etc..)

Otherwise well done!

AlexIsTragic

Poet
Pronouns
they/them
Hey,

So Simba will be gone for a little while and he asked me to chip in and take over some of his probies for him.. So in the meanwhile I'll be your probie leader.

AlexIsTragic

Poet
Pronouns
they/them

-I'm not quite sure this follows the style guide for the area? Standard houses in the area are mostly wooden. It's in the middle of the nowhere so it's hard to tell, but maybe talk to the project leads. Furthermore seeing as there wasn't any yard plotting I'm not sure if it was open.
-It's a little boring visually. A general thing I like to do with houses that are primarily stone is add cracks and damages to add a bit of detail.
-The interior is mostly well done but there are a lot of basket blocks in a relatively small space. Consider maybe diversifying it with a chest or something for storage.

-I would maybe lower it by one block; the proportions seem a little off now.
-I'm not sure about the mixing of half logs at the base and fences for the supports. It''s a bit of an outdated technique and the style guide also only uses fences.
-Also the vertical wood at the corners should not go all the way down to the stone base.

Shymon

Lord Lannister

-I'm not quite sure this follows the style guide for the area? Standard houses in the area are mostly wooden. It's in the middle of the nowhere so it's hard to tell, but maybe talk to the project leads. Furthermore seeing as there wasn't any yard plotting I'm not sure if it was open.
-It's a little boring visually. A general thing I like to do with houses that are primarily stone is add cracks and damages to add a bit of detail.
-The interior is mostly well done but there are a lot of basket blocks in a relatively small space. Consider maybe diversifying it with a chest or something for storage.

-I would maybe lower it by one block; the proportions seem a little off now.
-I'm not sure about the mixing of half logs at the base and fences for the supports. It''s a bit of an outdated technique and the style guide also only uses fences.
-Also the vertical wood at the corners should not go all the way down to the stone base.

Alright, I can only get to it after 20:00 though, because I'm on a computer camp and we have a busy schedule... I hope you'll be online so we can discuss the builds 5 & 6 because I built them under very specific circumstances.