Completed Probation: Mistrz Podziemi

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey MistrzPodziemi! Welcome back to the WesterosCraft Team!

I will be your probation leader. The goal of the probational period is to familiarize yourself in-game by building 5 houses in different regional styles. There is no limit to how many houses you build but the 5 styles are mandatory. I'm sure you're familiar with this process already but we're gonna stick back to the basics until I can get a grasp on what you can handle.

I would like for you to aim for the following tasks during your probation period:

1. Building in different Westeros regions when possible
a. The North
b. The Vale
c. The Riverlands
d. The Stormlands
e. The Crownlands
f. The Reach
g. Dorne

2. Build in a variety of different classes
a. Low Class
b. Middle Class
c. High Class (this option may be tough to run upon as it is the lesser common of the three)

3. Test for something special.

-

I prefer to leave feedback in-game with either melons or through personal messages (explanations) and might post on this thread for purely documentational purposes.

Disclaimer: feedback is not supposed to be hurtful in anyway. If you disagree with feedback, please do not be afraid to say so. It is important to get multiple point of views and access something in the correct way that meets our server standard.

My time zone is CST, I'm from Chicago. I am usually on around 4 pm - 12 am CST.
Please feel free to message me using the /sendmail RavishMeRed in-game OR on discord at RavishMeRed.
If there's anything you need, please feel free to reach out to me or other builders.

-
Looking for plots to build? Try /warp build. We also have a function that you can toggle on the dynamic map to see plots in game. Don't be afraid to ask around for open plots too.
-
When you post your builds on the forums, please follow/provide the following format:

1. Build Number
a. Number them on here and on your in-game tag
2. /warp [location name]
3. coordinates x,z

Looking forward to working with you!

Reactions: MistrzPodziemi

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Thank you RavishMeRed, I'm under your care! It's good to be back.

Disclaimer: feedback is not supposed to be hurtful in anyway. If you disagree with feedback, please do not be afraid to say so. It is important to get multiple point of views and access something in the correct way that meets our server standard.

You don't need to hold back with your feedback or make it sound nice. I'm a scholar, we live by criticism, constructive if we are lucky :)

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
That's great to hear! I myself am an art major and feedback is crucial to improve one's work. Looking forward to your builds.

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Build #1
/warp hvhf1
XYZ: -4748 / 126 / 11334

Low class, farmer house. Not very proud of interiors, have little experience with cramped diagonal plots.

Reactions: RavishMeRed

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Mistrz! Got a chance to look at your first build in game. Overall, very solid house. Needs a little tweaking to certain bits to be more cohesive to server standards. The feedback I left mainly applies to ints and the house structure. Very solid work on the yard.

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Build #2
/warp pendleton
XYZ: -2254 / 69 / 15212

Mid-sized pig farmer. I was unsure how pigs are farmed around here, so I took inspiration from similar builds in the surrounding lands. Especially considering extremely long seasons, I was wondering if some kind of shelter for animals would be required.

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Build #3
/warp kl33b
XYZ: 3742 / 68 / -583

Mid-sized, low-mid house (domestic). I tried to preserve the spirit of the original house from the older version of KL – namely apartment house with a bunch of small, independent flats and common kitchen. I aimed for a semi-realistic internal support structure with a traditional (but modren) roof design, inspired by the attic of my old flat. They used almost medieval technique, with crude wooden/iron nails (post-war/communist-induced shortages :p).

I am not happy with the heating/furnaces I made. I need to read more about it, since the surrounding buildings are a bit inconsistent and cannot be used for blind reference.

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Thank you for the promotion. I don't mind the delays, we all have other responsibilities.

Build #4
/warp garner
XYZ: -7771 / 65 / 10524

Small, low class farmer house. Nothing to write home about – however I love the hamlet!

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Mistrz! Looked over your 2 previous and they are both very solid builds.

Build #3
Classic KL house, love the interior layouts. It has lots of depth and room despite looking quite small on the outside. That being said, I left some feedback concerning choices for interior decorations. These are small changes and shouldn't take too much time to make adjustments to.

Build #4
Very nice hamlet house. Interior and Exterior are very solid. Quite pleased with the house. My one suggestion is (if you did the yard. I'm unsure if you did or not) try and breakup the small garden plots. Perhaps maybe have a small garden plot being harvested or plowed? Just to break up the overall monotony.

Looking forward to future builds.

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Thank you for the feedback. I fixed everything you mentioned and responded to melons outside the kl33b house. I had to remove melons in the interiors, there was no space. And, I did not do the yard in Build #4.

Build #5
/warp hornvale
XYZ: -4390 / 118 / 11300

Just a small, low class house.

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Build #6
/warp mpindustry
XYZ: 4922 / 49 / 9153

Build #7
/warp mpindustry
XYZ: 4934 / 48 / 9171

Low class, small farmers houses, without yards. Note that the area is constantly being improved by the project leaders, so there might be some slight changes between what I did and what is currently on the server.

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Quick note on melons at mpindustry:
  1. I am almost sure I have used non-vanila furnance block. Leads have made some changes around furnances/chimneys, so they may have also changed the block. I also like the hollow one more, but am not sure I can change these now.
  2. About the thatch overhang, I did a much more modest version. Probably one of the leads has changed it to be more extreme. Thus, cannot change it.
To sum up, I agree with the feedback, but might not be able to make the changes.

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Build #8
/warp isleofpigs
XYZ: -8304 / 61 / 26195

A small fisherman house, made of stone. It was nice to use birch wood instead of oak, I was used to having a very limited set of more sophisticated wooden components back then (like half doors). Pity the outside area is so small because of the path to the walls.

Build #9
/warp willum
XYZ: 1419 / 62 / 17686

A farmer house with a rather spacious yard in a beautiful area full of flowers. Quite a different style with plant and color overload. Thank you xdaenerystargaryen for the cropland WE and the feedback!

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Build #8
/warp isleofpigs
XYZ: -8304 / 61 / 26195

A small fisherman house, made of stone. It was nice to use birch wood instead of oak, I was used to having a very limited set of more sophisticated wooden components back then (like half doors). Pity the outside area is so small because of the path to the walls.

Build #9
/warp willum
XYZ: 1419 / 62 / 17686

A farmer house with a rather spacious yard in a beautiful area full of flowers. Quite a different style with plant and color overload. Thank you xdaenerystargaryen for the cropland WE and the feedback!
Builds 5-7 have been reviewed. Builds 6-7 still have feedback. We've discussed this feedback in game as well as through mail. I'm happy to approve builds 6-7 and any changes made by builders under the project lead.

Build 8 has some feedback. I would like to see the changes after the feedback has been addressed (message me on here or through in-game)

Build 9 has very small feedback that, once has been addressed, is formally approved.

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Thank you for the tips! I will def. need to investigate lighting in MC without the \nv command. It seems to be bugged like always, will play with the settings. The computing power is not an issue for me.

I addressed all the melons & made changes according to the feedback. Most of the time I left a reply block on-site for each note. Build 8 is so small and covered in conversation blocks, that I would like to make a sweep myself after (re)moving them.

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Definitely feel free to remove feedback melons after addressing them, unless if you prefer to leave responses. Either option works fine with me.

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Got a chance to look at your final builds. That being said, I'm confident in your building ability. You've met all the requirements for your probationary period. I'm more than happy to approve you for full builder. Have a mod promote you in game. I look forward to seeing future building from you. Congrats!