Probation: Dohaerys

Hey Dohaerys,
Welcome to the team! I will be your probation leader.

During your probation period, you must aim to build 5 houses in 5 different regional styles. However, I encourage probies to build over the 5 mandatory houses to further improve their building skills.

Every time you build a house in-game, leave the nearest /warp, coordinates, and house number on this thread. I prefer to give feedback in-game, and post overall feedback here to let the mods know how you're doing, as well as for you to reflect on it when building future houses!

To find available plots, you can do the following:
-Open dynmap and enable open plots.
-Look at /warp build.
-Ask people in the game, if there are no plots open, I could also plot some for you on a test plot, just ask!

I expect you to always reflect on past feedback when building new houses, as this is a way for you to show improvement. After a month has passed, I can approve you as full builder if you have shown a good understanding of how things work in the server, if I still feel like you really need more help, I will extend your probation period.

If you have any questions you can find me on the Westeroscraft discord: EverlastEvil

Again, Welcome to the Team and good luck!
-Ever

Hey Dohaerys, I went through your first 2 houses and left you some small feedback in-game, please address them when you can, nice job on your first houses btw! I will like to go over house 3 with you in-game however, hopefully we can catch each other on soon...

Dohaerys

Bard
I edited builds #1 and #2, hopefully fixing all the things!
I wasn't sure if I understood the rafter melon, but I tried editing the rafters anyways, so hopefully there's an improvement!

Unfortunately I live in a very different timezone to most people here, so it might take a long while before we could actually meet, so if you wouldn't mind would it be possible to make a forum post here?
In the mean time, I will hold back on any more houses in case I have the same issues that I made in the build #3, until I can resolve them. :)

Edit: We went over the third build together in game, and it should be fine now

Last edited:

Dohaerys

Bard
Probation Build #4
/warp amberclan
coords: -7771 60 -9260
Furrier's house.

I am really unsure of what furs hanging outside would look like, so I tried my best, though it might not be accurate or appropriate, so I'd love it if someone could help me with that

Hey Dohaerys, went over house #4, nice job with the ints and representing the profession. Just a small piece of feedback, some of our blocks are more limited based on how and where they should be used, the bench block with all the knives is best fitted (but not limited to) on a butcher's home or workspace, same with the clever block, other than that nice job!

Hey Dohaerys, haven't seen you on for a while how's it going? Due to the required 5 houses not being met during the first month of probation I will have to extend your probation for some time... hope to see you on again!

-Ever

Reactions: Flip90

Dohaerys

Bard
Hi!
Sorry about the delay...
Unfortunately I don't think I have the time available right now to build anymore, or even play Minecraft, so I do not think I will be able to build anymore builds. It was lots of fun building some little bit of the server, and if I ever have time in the future to build on Westeroscraft, I am sure I will reapply to become a builder.
Lastly, to my probation leader EverlastEvil , thank you so much for your help! I loved the tricks and tips that I learned from all the feedback you gave.