Completed Probation: Awbman06

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hi! Welcome to Westeroscraft, I will be your probation leader. So to become a full builder, you need to build 5 houses in 5 different styles. Feel free to build more than 5, but make sure you pace yourself. In order to get up to server standard, some advice I have is to be open and accepting to feedback, and understand that you’re going to make mistakes, and that’s ok.

In-Game
If you could label your builds with
  • Your name
  • What number build it is (#1, #3 etc)
  • Profession
On the Forums
Include what number build the house is, the rough coordinates and the closest warp.

If you’re looking for plots, check out /warp build

Good Luck, and have fun!

- Jake

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Feedback for house 1
Overall, it's a solid first go, there are just a few things to polish. Be conscious of having more than one exposed side of the bench drawers block (I've put an image of what I'm talking about below). Cover one of the sides with a half door. Something we see with newer builders is when filling space they either take a clutter everything approach or a minimalist approach (you fall into the latter category). Finding the happy middle of these two works well I find. I like to fill the space with things like baskets, grain sacks, firewood - practical things of that nature. But overall, you did a good job here!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 12.02.21.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-26 at 12.02.21.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Overall, 2 nice houses. A couple of notes, 'toilets' inside are not practical or hygienic, as they would cause a lot of smells inside, and introduce bacteria into a living space. Also, refrain from making 1 block wide furnishings, like cabinets, cupboards as they rarely look good and often look out of proportion. Nice work awb!

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Went through the house, nice job again! I approve of all of your houses, you've done a fine job. Now, usually, I'd promote you at this stage, however, due to the time your probation has taken, I've talked with my fellow probie leaders, and they agree that we'd like to see one more house from you. This should encompass all the feedback that I and other members of the server have given you. I'm gonna suggest you test for something in either Aino's district or do a regular house there or try something in Rav or Spike's district. Good luck! :)

Things to remember when building this house:

- rafters follow a pattern of stair, slab, stair slab, and always end up being parallel to the shortest side
- 1 block cabinets and furniture doesn't work well
- cover the sides of cabinets and benches with half doors
- make sure you don't go overboard with the clutter
- trust your intuition!

P.S. feedback shouldn't always be seen as a negative, feedback is how you learn to improve ;)

~ Jake

Reactions: Azulejo