Possible project idea, inspired from Château Chillon

lounes

Poet
hello everyone !

I wanted to start a thread cause I wanna have your opinion, ideas, and help about something.

One thing I love is reproducing castles, and with the help of Westeroscraft blocks it could look really good.

So this is my idea : I wanna reproduce Chateau Chillon. It’s a castle situated on a lake in Switzerland. You’ll find in this thread a link with allll the info about the Castle, and even a 3D representation (that could really help me aha). It might seem easy to you but, to me it represents an important work.
(Scroll to the end to have the 3D representation :) )

Few questions :

• first, do you think the style could fit in the server ?
  • if yes, where ? I like the riverlands and I heard it needed an update, so if I could help, it would be great. Or maybe the vale ? Cause the Switzerland makes me think about the vale idk why.
  • Related question, any “not started castles” I could look at, near a lake (or even a sea or a big river). I watched on the website the progress pages, but I’m struggling to find the house that could fit with my idea.
  • If I do the castle, should I also make hamlets, the terraforming and stuff (cause I don’t feel enough experienced to lead a whole project). That brings me to the next thing.
  • Are other players interested in making the castle and all with me ? I think I could learn from more experienced builders, exchange and get better. I’d really like to work with someone on a project, so if you’re interested (and if the project could work) send me a message.

ANYWAYS, thanks for reading, and sorry if it’s not the right way to proceed ! I’m waiting your answers. I sincerely hope you will like this idea that is dear to my heart. <418291E57-B7D6-4F45-B9B4-9EDB80A032A8.jpegCE2C9526-5D61-477A-9016-B69BA6B4ADA1.jpeg682D73EC-AF9F-4351-85F0-167A55AF7604.jpeg

Renly_Baratheon_

Envoy
Pronouns
he/him
ironoaks is kind of inspired by chillon and I think Lem named it as one of her inspiratioins for the hornvale castle because the more landlocked style of the westerlands is supposed to be more northern Italy alpine, which overlaps with vaud, where chillon is.

Chillon is super cool but there's also loads of other Swiss castles that could be used as inspiration.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I think it's fine that we have multiple castles inspired by Chillon on the server (and I would definitely not dissuade you from building a version on the test world), but any future versions we include would need to lean closer to the "inspired by" rather than "reproduction" side of things.

lounes

Poet
I think it's fine that we have multiple castles inspired by Chillon on the server (and I would definitely not dissuade you from building a version on the test world), but any future versions we include would need to lean closer to the "inspired by" rather than "reproduction" side of things.
yes i totally get that, but I don’t know if I’m enough “at ease” to create a castle that’s only an inspiration.
but no worries I have a plenty of others castles I wanna build *evil laugh*. Such as Château de Commarque, Maison forte de Reynac, Château de Vergy,…

Reactions: Flip90

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Commarque looks similar to Bonaguil.... Google images even was throwing up Bonaguil pics alongside it. Could mash the two together to produce something interesting.

Maison Forte de Reynac immediately made me think of the Vulture's Roost. A hideout of a Dornish 'Vulture King' who waged a war on the Marches and started a multi-kingdom manhunt before finally being cornered in the Red Mountains. Its a troglodyte manor and perhaps a mixture of this and the settlements on le Roque Saint-Christophe could provide a really cool way to make the Vulture King and his followers' hideout seem unique, hard to access. Or maybe Forte de Reynac could be used as the 'King's' residence within the settlement?

Just thinking of some cool ideas based off of yours, lounes.

lounes

Poet
Commarque looks similar to Bonaguil.... Google images even was throwing up Bonaguil pics alongside it. Could mash the two together to produce something interesting.

Maison Forte de Reynac immediately made me think of the Vulture's Roost. A hideout of a Dornish 'Vulture King' who waged a war on the Marches and started a multi-kingdom manhunt before finally being cornered in the Red Mountains. Its a troglodyte manor and perhaps a mixture of this and the settlements on le Roque Saint-Christophe could provide a really cool way to make the Vulture King and his followers' hideout seem unique, hard to access. Or maybe Forte de Reynac could be used as the 'King's' residence within the settlement?

Just thinking of some cool ideas based off of yours, lounes.
Waw, your ideas are interesting, thanks for sharing !
-Mashing two castles could be really fun, I’ll definitely have to try it. Do you know in which region it could fit ? Cause I think it needs a rocky ”outcrop” to lean on.

-About Maison Forte de Reynac / Vulture’s Roost, I’m in love with the idea. Making a troglodyte castle is quite unique. I watched on the map website but I’m afraid the hills are not steep enough to make it “troglodyte”. What do u think ?

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Commarque and Bonaguil could work in the Eastern, Northern or east of OT in the Reach.

The current terrain around vultures roost is Worldpainter. In fact, no worldpainter terrain really makes troglodyte buildings possible. Also, I'm not sure about Endy's plans regarding it, since its part of the Wyl river valley