Withdrawn Moore Redo Appeal

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hey all! I am submitting a redo appeal for the project of Moore in the Vale. I am submitting the appeal on the grounds that the style is significantly outdated by the nearby project of Old Anchor and the Andal Pilgrimage Septry in the Longbow Hall lands. This outdated style is evident by the stone brick cornerstones, logs and keystone blocks. Redstone is used as a substitute for blood in the kitchens.

2022-07-06_12.12.31.png

Additionally, the Vale of Arryn is described as being fertile, and having lots of crops. This is not something seen in the Moore lands, and is something that should be changed. The vale is also denoted to have lots of rivers and lakes, which is lacking here. This brings me to the next point - the terrain. The terraforming is very basic here, and most of it seems to be untouched worldpainter terrain. There are cobblestone slabs mixed with terrainset, indicative of the old rock mix and terrain textures.

2022-07-06_12.13.25.png

It's in the interests of stylistic and topographic cohesion that a redo should be granted for Moore, with a missing few canon elements to supplement the appeal.

Thanks for reading

-Jake

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Before discussing this in any great detail, as I am assuming you would like to apply for Moore if this is approved, what are your plans for Bigglestone? While it's technically part of the central riverlands megabuild, it still large enough to be considered a canon project in its own right. I would not feel comfortable allowing anyone to do two such large projects concurrently. Approval for either of these would also hinge on the completion of Varner (which I am glad to see is nearly finished).

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Dutch! I totally understand your concerns, so let me shed some light on the situation. So I'm pretty close with the Harrenhal team and we're discussing Bigglestone and the other subprojects. The deal with Bigglestone (and the other subprojects) as I was understand it, is that it would not be considered a canon project given it is under the Harrenhal umbrella. This was done to entice people already with canon projects to apply and encourage community participation from long-standing members of the team. Bigglestone isn't necessarily a large project either, it's about half the size of Varner, which is a standard project size-wise. I don't feel that it would be too much work, seeing as most of the houses are burned, so that knocks out interiors, fields are mostly burned, and there are 3 people overseeing the area that would be available to help and direct me.

My second point is more of an explanation of my workflow. I generally work best with 2 things on my plate at once. This helps keep my skills sharp something that's pretty important for an editor. When I get burned out doing one thing, I have the other to fall back on. This prevents weeks of idling about doing nothing on the server.

Thirdly, there are examples of people juggling large immersions/KL districts/server builds and canon projects at the same time and doing so successfully.

That being said, if it comes down to choosing, I will prioritise Moore over Bigglestone, as I've got a lot more inspiration for Moore and I'll be working with the Harrenhal team on some terra in the area anyway. It goes without saying, I wouldn't move forward with an application until Varner is completed, I was merely being on the ball by posting an appeal early!

Hopefully this cleared everything up!

~Jake