Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
MistrzPodziemi

What is your age?
25+

In what country are you living?
Poland

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I've read the books a few years ago, but to this day I remember the distinctive style of creating a story without a main character. And the main plot. Well, I liked it because in books I appreciate worldbuilding and interesting ideas more than fast-paced action. I enjoyed the first seasons of the series the most, since they followed the books and had nice visuals. My favorite character is --- nothing original --- Tyrion Lanister. Had brains, was not a terrible person. Pretty likable. Also Peter Dinklage did a good job.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I have a sentiment for old builds I took part in creating, especially the North. Even thought the "Skyrim style" is now out of fashion, and the design is below the standard, I like Last Hearth and Barrowton. From more modern builds, outskirts of White Harbor and Lannisport (maybe not so modern). Also, woolen Oldtown.

Why do you want to join our server?
A friend from work started playing Minecraft and asked me to join him. Unfortunately, I was once a builder at Westeroscraft, so I had to politely decline. Once a builder here, I could not settle for less. This event inspired me to reapply, since I finally have enough time to build a house from time to time.

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/RVdcDqp

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey MistrzPodziemi,
Welcome back to Westeros! Glad to see you're interested in rejoining the server.

Well done with replicating the application house, I'm sure you'll be back up to speed with our building styles in no time. Just to confirm you're familiar with everything, please build a middle class professional house in the style of Highgarden at /warp hgtown and share screenshots in this thread.

Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the finished houses in the area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in Highgarden (e.g. carpenter/wine merchant/tailor/blacksmith) and a yard would be great as well. Take note of the shape of the roof, how we use stairs to create the effect of floorboards and what kind of blocks would suit a middle class house (nothing too lavish).

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the Highgarden style.

Good luck!

Reactions: MistrzPodziemi

MistrzPodziemi

Storyteller
Pronouns
he/him
Hello!
Thank you for your welcome!

I've build a middle-class carpenter in the style of \hgtown. Most of the comments and rationalizations are included in the gallery attached. The main differences from a generic \hgtown house are:
  1. The plot is quite big & (too) spacious. I intended to have a large ground floor to accommodate a workshop where one could build larger furniture.
  2. Staircase build outside the house. The idea was to separate the workshop and a living area better and to have a fully unobstructed space in the ground floor. I've found 2 examples at \hgtown, one being residential.
  3. Slates are fully hidden from the inside. I've found multiple examples at \hgtown where the slates were partially exposed, but I don't like it.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey MistrzPodziemi,

Great work with this house, you've really nailed all the small details and I think you're caught up to speed on our new building styles.

I think at this point you'll learn more from being an actual builder, so consider yourself approved!

Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: https://westeroscraft.com/wiki/guides/new-builders-guide

The next step is to make a probation thread in the Probation Forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find a list of these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings.

You can also toggle open plot markers on the dynmap mc.westeroscraft.com

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entry point into the server community in general), although as sometimes the probie leaders are busy IRL you may need to be patient while they find the time to respond to you. But message me again if a probie leader hasn't contacted you within two weeks, or if they're taking a while to respond.

I would also encourage you to seek feedback from project leaders and other builders/mods. At the end, you'll be made full builder assuming everything goes smoothly.

I'd suggest you also start thinking about what projects you might like to work on, we encourage new builders to first work on "mini-projects" which are small one off areas of other projects, e.g. a hamlet, mill, quarry, and flagged as open for mini-apps by the project leader. Once you've done a few of these you'll be able to apply for a full project.

Make sure to stay in touch and let us know if you're losing interest, not finding enough work to do, or if there's any issues with the probation.

Welcome back and I'll see you in Westeros!