Luk_emAn Builder Application

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him

Germany

I heard of WesterosCraft by several youtubers a long time ago. I considered applying a few years back, but I didn't have a good enough PC.

I like medieval, but ASOIAF is the only "Fantasy" i like.

Game of Thrones
Dance of Dragons

All of the above

I really like Tyrion because he's a bit of an outsider, yet he is very clever and powerful. I would love to drink a beer with him.

I always structure my builds thoughtfully. I am very keen on authenticity and realism with my buildings. I am experienced in replicating 1:1 full detailed medieval structures of my home town in Minecraft. When doing that, I research every building thoroughly and try to build it as accurately as possible. My weak spot is interiors, but I'm sure I will get better at it.

Every time I look around the server, I'm impressed by how detailed, and beautiful all buildings are. It's remarkable how huge this map is.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Approved by lemonbear on May 5, 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Luk_eman
Thanks for your application and glad to see you're a fan of GoT and the fantasy genre, you've come to the right place!

Your application shows a lot of potential, it's clear you've put some thought into the house and have explored our custom block set.

I'll give you some general notes and tips which should help with future builds.
- I really like all the individual elements and signs of life you've added. The fishing traps, nets, drying lines, boat etc are great.
- When using workbench/kitchen or cabinet blocks, you pretty much always want to cover up all sides except for one. It's usually easy enough to do this with a half door block.
- Blocks like paintings/glass windows are generally reserved for middle class professionals/high class houses, fishermen are generally used for low class professions on the server so they probably couldn't afford those nice luxuries. Knowing which blocks to use as relevant to the houses class type is a skill that comes with practice.

If you haven't taken a look yet, this page has some more points and examples that will help on future builds.

https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

For the first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks). Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Luk,
That's looking really good, a nice choice of blocks and it looks like you've captured the hawthorne style.

There's honestly not much feedback I can give! So next up, have a go at a low/mid class house in the style of the White Harbor Sprawl at /warp whsprawl. You can take a look at /warp jobs if you need ideas, but something like a carpenter, baker, butcher, rope maker, cooper would be fine.

Good luck!

Reactions: Luk

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Luk,
Nice job with the White Harbor bakery, you've hit all the right notes with the style and block palette. The iron gates for the yard might be a little much, regular spruce doors would be fine, but otherwise it's looking great.

For the next challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp fairmarket. Keep in mind that the style there is a bit more complex, so take your time and feel free to ask questions. I don't expect you to have any trouble with it though. Good luck!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Luk,
Once again you've done a great job, I like all the small touches to show the bookbinding work, the daub patterns look good and the palette fits in with the rest of Fairmarket.

I'd caution about the use of paintings, any glass blocks and books on any build that isn't middle/high class (e.g. you'll probably be doing a few low class farmer's houses in your probie builds, definitely don't use them there!).

But overall though I think you're all set! I'm confident you have the skills, attitude and attention to detail to make a great contribution to the server. Welcome aboard!

The next step is to contact a mod in-game to promote you to New Builder. Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide

And also make a probation thread in the probation forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings.

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entrypoint into the server community in general), in which case you'll be fully promoted if there are no further problems.

See you in Westeros!