Ladybright

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Okay! so after a lot of time deciding where i will do or build next i decided to go for dorne. Now there is a limited amount of stuff you can do here because of the uncertainty and oasis that will probably come after sunspear or with. Now ladybright is a house of dorne witch was built back in like 2015, so outdated. But i would also like to relocate it somewhere more eastern In particular near that outlet of the lands.

Another point made is the terra. Now I wouldn't say I'm a wizard but the plan for this project is going to be quality. If that means testing tons then sure! If i could get some sort of approval of this re location and redo then that would be great. I think it would be good for the proposed megabuild in dorne as well to have two project for stability, Tor and possibly ladybright. Any ideas suggestions would be great!! Thanks!

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Oh and btw if I do go ahead with ladybright I am still going to work on cobb when we start it again. If that means I cant take a lead role then I don't care I will still help as much as I did before ;)

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Okay so I need canonical evidence that the place need to be relocated. witch is helpful cause there is none.. :( so let me explain. I was reading a few websites about this place and apparently it is located 'House Ladybright are the rulers of Scorched Rock. Their seat is located on the south of Dorne, by the coast.' Now it is on the coast but is in a place where landed knight probably would stay and one could argue that old ladybright can be converted into a unnamed landed knight of spottswood- Thank you azul. Now the style is very old, it was done in like 2015. And if I definitely need 100% accurate canonical evidence that ladybright is where I plan it to be thenn I will do something at the greenblood if allowed. https://forum.westeroscraft.com/threads/border-creation.2388/page-3#post-19469
A link to a post by dutch further backing my point.

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Just a reminder, you have 3 active mini projects currently. I know there's not a limit to how many active mini's you can work on but, for the benefit of being able to finish things and finish them in a easier manor, I would avoid working on any other future projects. You don't want to overcome yourself.

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I understand. I have loved dorne ever since i first built at tor in my probation. Look at the list of builds I did :') I am just foreshadowing because I don't really know if I would be allowed to test for this witch is why i made the post. I'm waiting for some sort of approval or feedback on the idea before devoting too much time on something that might be put aside.

Reactions: AerioOndos

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I understand. I have loved dorne ever since i first built at tor in my probation. Look at the list of builds I did :') I am just foreshadowing because I don't really know if I would be allowed to test for this witch is why i made the post. I'm waiting for some sort of approval or feedback on the idea before devoting too much time on something that might be put aside.
You are allowed to test for anything whenever you want. Whether or not it will be approved as part of an application is another story.
I agree in principle to the relocation of Ladybright (as I have mentioned on the forums previously) but I also agree that you should concentrate on what is currently on your plate before getting up for another serving.

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Well yes I will do intensive tests I'm more worried about whether it will be approved in the sense of I am allowed to do it rather than if my tests are good enough. I will say though progress is going good on my currently active projects!

Reactions: AerioOndos

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Okay so I need canonical evidence that the place need to be relocated. witch is helpful cause there is none.. :( so let me explain. I was reading a few websites about this place and apparently it is located 'House Ladybright are the rulers of Scorched Rock. Their seat is located on the south of Dorne, by the coast.' Now it is on the coast but is in a place where landed knight probably would stay and one could argue that old ladybright can be converted into a unnamed landed knight of spottswood- Thank you azul. Now the style is very old, it was done in like 2015. And if I definitely need 100% accurate canonical evidence that ladybright is where I plan it to be thenn I will do something at the greenblood if allowed. https://forum.westeroscraft.com/threads/border-creation.2388/page-3#post-19469
A link to a post by dutch further backing my point.
Just as a quick note, be careful with headcanon. I looked it up and the "Scorched Rock" seat and the location of it seem to not be based on the GRRM work, but rather it comes from a fan-made RPG game based off ASOIAF. Not that I think Ladybright shouldn't be in the southern coast - it might work well being there.

Well yes I will do intensive tests I'm more worried about whether it will be approved in the sense of I am allowed to do it rather than if my tests are good enough. I will say though progress is going good on my currently active projects!
Feel free to make tests, you're allowed. Independently if Ladybright is moved or not, any type of test is good and will help develop a southern dornish style, I'm sure. But I reinforce what Dutch said: be careful to not have too much in your plate.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
After a brief discussion the mods have agreed that Ladybright may be moved. I have made a new warp for Ladybright and changed the old one to Ladybrightold.
Seeing as this is a recent change and would become one of the few unstarted Dorne projects, we will withhold approving any application for Ladybright until we are sure that anyone interested in applying has had the chance to do so.

The actual built area should be fairly small as the location is essentially a remote harbour, with little road traffic, but it would be expected from any applicant that they would handle the terraforming along a large stretch of southern Dornish coastline, from the edge of the Torrentine valley to the mouth of the Brimstone (see below image). The ecology and biome may be very different from the northern coast so an explanation of what might be appropriate and why with inspiration would be expected. The style may also be very different, and you would be setting a precedent for a Sandy Dornish style (or a hybrid of Sandy and Salty). It may be that in the process of testing this new style the need for new blocks becomes apparent, in which case approval should be delayed until these can be implemented.

Happy testing!

1637660389164.png

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hi!I'm just here to say I would love to see something like this here :p
1500552977_377250_1509722424_noticia_normal.jpglegzira.jpgaaa082d2257ab65aecf61c2340e9c5b9_XL.jpg60ae5e1bda47dac64152deecaf63f944.jpg92.jpg

South Morocco, specially the area between Agadir and El Aaiún/Layoun would be perfect for this area. That been said we can adress this coast in many different ways, so inspo can come from many other places. This area is on the true deserts side of Dorne, and deserts are incredibly diverse, just look at the aerial view and the different colours and textures: rocky deserts, moutains, dunes, salt pans, oasis... We should play with all the available posibilities.​
2021-11-23 (4).jpg

Also I think one of the key points of this project is going to be how the harsh transition in this area is made.
2021-11-21 (3)_LI.jpgruta-parque-nacional-de-alhucemas-movil.jpg

Regarding the Sandy Dornish style, thats something we still have to set. I personally imagined it more austere than salty dornish, which does not mean simple or boring. Playing with textures and erosion here is going to be key. One of the defining features could be the clear dominance of either shed (one plane) or flat roofs, both of which are suited for the climate of this area. Colour incorporated with plasters in walls may be a fun addition: reds, browns and yellows, as well as blinding whites.

DSC_0607.jpg92 (1).jpg

Last edited:

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Okay so what my plan is is to work on lorch and after that is finished I will work on the island then I will also slowly work on ladybright

JJLyric

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
I also don’t think that anyone will accept a app for this by me if I don’t have more things for experience and stuff Lorch is kind of needed I think