Lackadaisickal Builder Application

Lackadaisickal

Mummer

Australia

I came across the kings landing render and my mind exploded my two favourite things minecraft and ASOIAF in one as soon as i saw the image i decided that i was going to work on the westeroscraft project.

The inheritance cycle, The Magician and Outlander

All of the above

All of the above

Jon Snow because he is a loving and caring person but he can be ruthless and cunning when it comes to war and fighting.

I LOOOOVE castles :3 and whenever i build one i research a TON of info down to the smallest details. Im also good a handeling others building and telling them how they can improve.

I love the world of ASOIAF alot and when i saw that a few guys were building it in minecraft i had to help. the buildings already created are amazing and i just want to add to its awesomness.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Enah

Skinchanger
Hi, thanks for applying! Ok, so, I have a few things to mention to you about your build.

1)You have wool in the walls. We have a special block called "daub" that goes with the framed wattle and daub blocks.
2) Your rooms on the ground floor are 2 blocks high, that's like, person height. While realistic for a medieval period, we tend to have rooms be 3.5. Your ceiling is also flat, which we tend to avoid (my own style of houses have flat ceiling for the lofts) try using upside down stairblocks as supports.
3) On a whole, our building styles avoid log supports.
4) Your house sits on dirt, and where the hillside is you don't have foundation or wall going down it for support. If it rained, the dirt would slip away and they house would have a nice hole to crawl through :D
5) I don't understand why the upper floor recedes into the house, typically if it wasn't aligned with the lower wall it would jut out in a "jetty."
6) This house, I assume is lower class due to the lack of furnishings and the cramped nature, which usually glass is either on only a front facing upper window or only used in the most wealthy of houses.
7) We generally do not use torches for lighting, we have lanterns (usually restricted to one a house, 2 if they can afford it) and candles. Most people would use a tallow/beeswax candle or two for lighting, though typically they went to bed around nightfall.
8) The floor and walls have no variation to them. A floor in the vast majority of Westeros would be compacted dirt, with a straw mat called a rush covering most of the floor to reduce mud and dust. Even wealthy houses and lordly keeps had them.
9) So, I don't quite understand the upstairs floor. It tilts downwards, also, how does one access the upstairs?

So, in conclusion this is not the worst or the best application build. I think you have the potential so I am going to issue you a series of challenges to see if you truly have what our server's standards of building require. First up, I want you study and absorb the style of King's Landing Sprawl. It's fairly simple and has a certain aesthetic to it. So, a low class house in that style. Take your time, walk along the sprawl streets and build your house whenever you can. Good luck!

Enah

Skinchanger
hey there, are you still interested in applying? it's been nearly a month with no word, if no reply by Halloween (october 31st) I will consider you no longer interested and I shall close this application.

Lackadaisickal

Mummer
Yes I'm still 100% percent interested I'm currently going through a big segment of assignments at school I'm building the house in the time I have in between so it'll take a little while but assume ill have it done by this weekend.

Reactions: Enah

Enah

Skinchanger
Well it has been over a month without a response, so I am going to close this application. Feel free to reapply anytime in the future.