Kedanox Builder Application

Kedanox

Mummer
I am 17 years old.

I'm from Germany

I applied for the builder Rank a while back but forgot about it because I was rather busy at that time. When I came back from NZ I saw my Aasoiaf book laying around and remembered the server. Now I have Finally found time to reapply.

I love Eragon and The Dragon riders of Pern (and basically everything else with dragons) but I'm also quite fond of the Harry Potter and lotr books

Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows, Dance of Dragons, Winds of Winter

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

My favourite is Rob Stark. I was always a fan of Tywin Lannister due to his ability to be in control of everything but that stood in conflict with me rooting for the Starks and the North in general but when I watched a bit of the TV show I started to really like Rob as well. He is also very strategic and smart despite his young age and manages to pull of some amazing feats for example capturing Jamie Lannister. And so with him being a northerner he became my new favourite.

I am very good at looking at something for example a house and then copying the style while building something entirely different.

I am absolutely in love with what has been created on this server and I would love to be part of it. I was a big fan of asoiaf and I also enjoy Minecraft a lot and this server givers me the opportunity to combine these two while being among an amazing community.

https://imgur.com/a/CrRqaxs

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Kedanox,
Glad to see you've returned to finish your builder application, thanks for taking the time to put this house together.

I've taken a look at your house and on the whole, it's a really good start. You've clearly paid attention to our building styles and have really explored our custom block set, this kind of house is very close to something you would see in White Harbor.

There's not a lot I can suggest to improve this house as you've done well to capture a lot of our standard rules for building.
- The block pallete is a nice mix and the daub has a great symmetrical pattern, interior layout looks good too.
- The interior blocks all look more or less befitting of a low/middle class house with nothing too extravagent from what I can see in the pics (just be wary of that glass cabinet/drawer block in low class houses)
- The edge of the roof looks a little chunky with that square double slab ending, a stair block might be a better fit.

Otherwise, great stuff.
If you haven't taken a look yet, this page has some more points and examples that will help on future builds.
https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

For the first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks). Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!