jvanhierden

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
jvanhierden

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
the Netherlands

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The worldbuilding is amazing, it all feels so realistic and everything is described in great detail. Westeros and Essos feel like they could actually exist, and I love that. I also love the politics and intrigue of all the houses, and how small differences can lead to massive conflicts between them.

What is your favorite build on our server?
That is a good question, as I do love most of the work you all put in, especially the recent builds. My favorite of all time is of course Kings Landing, as the size of that place is truly massive and even after being on the server for quite some time, I still haven't found every nook and cranny of the place. There are so many other builds that I love that I can't describe them fully, so here is a small list of favorite places:

The farms around Kings Landing for the atmosphere.
the ruins of Summerhall as ruins are some of my favorite things to build and look at and this one is perfect.
Pyke as it's my favorite castle of all time, even though it is outdated I still love it.
And so many more places.

Why do you want to join our server?
I have always been attracted to minecraft because of creative mode, and started with the game about 8 years ago, and I am still building. I might not always be the best builder, but I am always willing to learn, and I love seeing my builds improve over the years. I am always optimistic/happy, and would love to help you all out on this amazing journey. I am also decent with things like worldedit, and I am decent in copying things from pictures.

2021-04-10_22.58.55.png2021-04-10_22.59.11.png2021-04-10_22.59.17.png2021-04-10_22.59.31.png2021-04-10_22.59.35.png2021-04-10_22.59.42.png2021-04-10_22.59.55.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, John Snow.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi Jvanhierden
Thanks for applying, I actually organised the Summerhall project so I'm glad to see you're a fan! We're working on the Nightfort now too so I hope you'll help out with that when you're a builder.

Nice work with replicating the application house, as you can hopefully tell we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into our houses. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next. For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread (an easy way to do it is upload them imgur.com and share the link). Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

Reactions: jvanhierden

jvanhierden

Mummer
Hello there, Sorry for the delay. I had some tests at school so I had to focus on other things then Minecraft. Anyways, here's my house for Hawthorne. Here lives a small family of 4 people, 2 parents and 2 children who have a small yard in the back with some crops. I personally really liked working on this house as it has a very cozy feel to it. I hope you like it! 2021-05-06_22.33.56.png2021-05-06_22.34.06.png2021-05-06_22.34.19.png2021-05-06_22.46.25.png2021-05-06_22.46.40.png2021-05-06_22.23.44.png2021-05-06_22.24.02.png

Attachments

• 2021-05-06_22.42.07.png
    2021-05-06_22.42.07.png
    755.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2021-05-06_22.23.40.png
    2021-05-06_22.23.40.png
    452.8 KB · Views: 1

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Jvenhierden,
No problem, hope your tests went well!

Great job with this Hawthorne house. You've done really well with recreating the the style and common features of houses in the area, and shown nice restraint with the choice of blocks for a low class house.

I don't really have much feedback to give since you totally nailed it.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the White Harbor style of /warp gullsgate (the general style in the sprawl outside the main city walls). Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/blacksmith/boat builder, netmaker etc).

Would be great if you noted in the post which profession you went with as well.

Good luck!

jvanhierden

Mummer
Hello,
Sorry for the long break. I was busy with school so I did not have the time to work on this. I wanted to start with the White Harbor style house today, so I asked for advice around the server, but I heard that there are some things in that style that are already outdated (fence windows for example). Should I still continue in this style, or is it better if I get a newer style?

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi Jvanhierden, no problem glad to have you back and interested in completing the application.
Yes please proceed with the White Harbor house, there are a handful of minor elements that reflect older styles but it's still distinctive and useful as a benchmark to see how you're progressing with developing your building skills. The houses around /warp gullsgate with the gray bricks would be good to use for inspiration.

Reactions: jvanhierden