Julijajo Builder Application

Julijajo

Mummer

Mexico but i currently live in Spain

A couple of friends and I started our own "Westeroscraft" and while I searched for references for the builds I stumbled upon your incredible work.
So basically i heard from you on your own home page...
PS: Our project got abandoned after a few months of work, we completed most of Dorne,
although it was way smaller then your version.

The Name of the Wind (Both Books) & Lord of The Rings (Books and movies)

Game of Thrones

All of the above

I'm not really fund of any character particular but if i have to pick one i would probably choose Hodor.
He's a really intresting character with an important rol on the saga, i like how he plays a kind of babysitter/bodyguard for Brann and how with such little span of words he's able to transmit so much emotion.

I bealive i have the a minimum building skill that could be helpfull.
I also draw a lot of fantastic~medieval scenes in my free time so im familiarized with the theme.
And as i mentioned earlier i worked on my own version of Dorne so i'm used to desert builds.

I am quite amazed with all you've done and i wish to be a part of this fantastic representation of Westeros so I thought the more help you get, the faster it will be ready.

I'm also particullary intrested on the RPG you plan on making (I read most of the Almanac you wrote) so I thought the more help you get, the faster it will be ready.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey you should probably use the resource pack, I see far too much vanilla textures. It’s also hard to judge in the dark. So bring us some updated pics and will go from there.

Reactions: Julijajo

Julijajo

Mummer
Ups, sorry about that, i didn't realize there was a texture pack... i'll update the pictures ASAP

Reactions: Enah

Julijajo

Mummer
Okay, so I used the texture pack, but sadly the build didn't fit on it's surroundings anymore and it didin't really look good at all...
So I rebuildid it on a different location and i did some changes to the design itself.
I also deactivated the shaders so we won't have the lighting problem anymore.

Enah

Skinchanger
Sorry sorry had some unemployment issues resulting ina small crisis but all's good now.

first off, dont think this is a lot

1 gradient needs work, you have the dark cobble with regular cobble, that's fine in biomes where the cobble's darker, but here its too light, I would suggest when doing grey stone in certain areas, to use the "light grey stone" the really small ones to pair with it. or, the small bricks. also, the pattern isnt so bad, but heavier stones always on bottom, the weathering is a big factor with the colouring btw, you'll learn as you go so

2 we hardly do logs in houses now. it's unrealistic, and can look bulky

3 the roof should be steeper for the thatch to be effective. 45 degrees (stairs) is the ideal pitch to repel water. also, the wooden edges are semi-outdated.

4 the windows are a bit small, a typical way we do them is with a half slab in the top of a 1wide by 2 high opening, which looks liek a real window, or, my least preferred, fences in the window.

5 floor in this class of house should be mixture of dirt and gravel, with some thatch as a rug (rush) which keeps the floor clean and dry.

6 make sure to cover up the exposed sides of multisided blocks when possible.

7 the ceiling is a bit flat, and we have ways to make them look more supported. stairs and half slabs do wonderfully at this, to give it a look of having joists.

8 the rafters you have are a start, however the thatch is mostly unsupported, and would fall in or blow off as such. using either fully covered by stairs or stairs-slab-slab-stair-slab patterns underneath makes it feel nice and sturdy. either one is good

9 you have that room with the stairs, which is empty. peasants and nobles alike would make as much use of the space they have, if they can still use it. check out how folks in the towns and hamlets have their homes arranged. some have storage or a living space, others might have a animal pen in their homes.

10 the rooms should tend to be 3.5 blocks high, if at all possible.

alright, so, now i will issue you a series of challenges depending on how well you proceed from here.

please build me a low class cottage in the style of king's landing sprawl (anywhere outside the city) it can have one big room or two rooms, but it needs to be peasanty :D good luck and the seven guide you!

Julijajo

Mummer
So, thanks for the feedback, I'll try to get on the challenges as soon as possible, but I hardly have any free time...
I'll try to work on it sometime in the next few weeks, but I can't promise much :(