Juggie Probation Thread

Juggie

Mummer
Hey so, I got accepted and I guess I'll be posting all my builds here, I don't think I can start today but for sure in the next few days I'll start building some pretty nice builds hopefully. Thanks!

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Mine,

Welcome Juggie!

Congrats to your acceptance. I will be your probation leader. I prefer to provide feedback in person whenever possible. However, if this is not possible I leave melons up in situ and leave an overarching comment on the build on the forums.

I personally request you leave a personalized tag to make it easy to spot your builds in addition to the nearest warp and coordinates.

Let me know if you need any help. I encourage you get feedback from many builders aside from myself, we each have different approaches to style, and building and its best to get various input!

I also suggest making friends with your fellow probationary builders. Probies that build together, stay together. <3

Have fun and good luck!

_Otty

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
I need the nearest warp please.

Peanut/ Iron told me that you had built in his hamlet so I was able to get a look at it. So there is a mix of our melons present.

For the most part the exterior is good you followed the guide well!
The interiors are standard and I left only 3 melons inside addressing rather petty complaints. Just make sure you're using the spaces thoughtfully and adding details in a well spaced and careful manner to make the room feel filled but not cluttered.

My biggest issue is with the yard. This is nothing new, all my probies before hand struggle with yards. It's nothing to be ashamed of :)
I also inform others that the yards were what fed the family. They should feel well used in that regard. They are also what give the town life, so they should be something well thought out and detailed. Continue your next build with a story in mind and how you can incorporate that story into the details. A little goes a long way!

Great first house!

Juggie

Mummer
OH sorry it took me a while to see this, yeah I did my best to fix it up, I hope it's good enough :)

And I also made a storage shed and the yard around it at /warp oxcross the coords are -6748 45 11038

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
I would implore you to check lemons melons and make then I will return to check it out to see how you corrected your changes!

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Brandybottom:
No issues, Great job!

Fletchers:
The second floor has become too tight with the roof being too low. I would recommend ensuring that there is enough space for second floors when selecting the height of the house. Or if you must have a specific height, dig the floor down one to allow the second floor more room without scrunching the first floor as a result.
Sometimes, in lofted situations the low ceiling is understandable and more fitting, however, when you create this is their entire living space, it can be a bit "claustrophobic."
2. Sandstone bricks should not be touching the plaster, only Arbor Cobblestone and LP bricks should :)
3. Because of your height you also limited/removed your option to have any upper floor windows which makes for a rather flat facade.

As a solution, I would raise your height by at least one block to allow room for the windows (create mini dormers! :D) and for more headspace. However, if you prefer , you may dig it all down one.

I'm digging the interior decorating, which is an area many new builders struggle! That is awesome!

Varner:

There is a plate of food on an object that wouldn't hold a plate of food; woodpiles.
While our blocks might be flat, IRL those would be lopsided piles of wood and therefore would not be the most ideal surface to hold a fresh plate of food.

The door placement is in a rather difficult spot, The singular block above looks a bit unsupported, I recommend, if possible to place 2-3 parallel half doors to make this block seem a bit more supported. However, this is a preference of mine and is not a standard amongst builders, I am only suggesting this so that you may consider including small details like these in the future to solve more minor issues. For example, covering an exposed block or fixing a nuanced visual issues such as this hanging plaster piece.

This space while very cute, however, it does feel a bit overcrowded. What may be removed so that it can feel a bit less overfilled?

That is all for today! I hope to catch you online for the other two when I get to them and so we may actually discuss and breakdown these issues together. However, these are all minor issues and I have no concerns as of yet to moving you to the full builder. I'm only excited to see your work from here! Best of luck!

Edited for Grammar/spelling

Last edited:

Juggie

Mummer
Brandybottom:
No issues, Great job!

Fletchers:
The second floor has become too tight with the roof being too low. I would recommend ensuring that there is enough space for second floors when selecting the height of the house. Or if you choose to have a height or are told one, dig the floors down one to allow the second floor more room without scrunching the first floor as a result.
Sometimes, in lofted situations this tightness is understandable and more fitting, however, when you create this space as their entire living space, it can be a bit "claustrophobic."
2. Sandstone bricks should not be touching the plaster, only Arbor Cobbstone and LP bricks should :)
3. Because of your height you also limited/removed your option to have any upper floor windows this creates for a rather flat facade.

As a solution, I would raise your height by least one block, and allow room for the windows (create mini dormers! :D) and for more headspace. However if you perfect you may dig it all down one.

For the most part, I'm digging the interior decorating, which is an area many new builders struggle! That is awesome!

Varner:
There is a plate of food on an object that wouldn't hold a plate of food, woodpiles.
While our blocks might be flat IRL those would be lopsided piles of wood that wouldn't be the most ideal surface to hold a fresh plate of food.

The door placement is in a rather difficult spot, The singular block above looks a but unsupported, I recommend, if possible to place 2-3 parallel half doors to make this block seem a bit more supported. However, this is a preference of mine and is not a standard amongst builders, I am only suggesting this so that you may consider including small details like these in the future to solve more minor issues such as an exposed block or nuanced visual issues such as this hanging plaster piece :).

This space while very cute, does feel a bit overcrowded, what may be removed so that it can feel a bit less overfilled?

That is all for today! I hope to catch you online for the other two when I get to them and so we may actually discuss and breakdown these issues together. However, these are all minor issues and I have no concerns as of yet to moving you to full builder. I'm only excited to see your work from here! Best of luck!

Made some changes to the Fletchers and the Varner house, feel free to check it out whenever!

Reactions: otty

Juggie

Mummer
Is everything still going alright? Haven't seen a new post with a house to visit!
Hey so I ended up getting way more busy after, yikes. Anyways in about one or two weeks I'll probably have way more free time once again, but it's been quite a while so would I have to re apply?

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Welcome back!
I would say no, but double-check with a moderator. I believe your probation should do best with a restart though, and that you'd need a month. However, I'm unable to act as your probation leader at the moment due to the workload I have graduating uni. So a fresh thread after contact with a moderator will be best.

Best of luck!

Juggie

Mummer
Welcome back!
I would say no, but double-check with a moderator. I believe your probation should do best with a restart though, and that you'd need a month. However, I'm unable to act as your probation leader at the moment due to the workload I have graduating uni. So a fresh thread after contact with a moderator will be best.

Best of luck!
Thanks! And alright I'll talk to a moderator then