jackmeisterflexx Builder Application

BantyRooster

Street Preacher
Nice work jack! Here's some feedback:

Exteriors:
-The ivy seems a bit too disconnected and patchy. Usually you should work from the ground up and cover everything in a certain area.
-The stone mix on the side looks a bit too "blocky." I know this is confusing to here, but just focus on trying to make realistic patterns that show wear. Work from the corners out or bottom to top, and then randomize the middle a bit. Ask me in game to demonstrate if you need it.

Interiors:
-The interiors are too open and empty. You can use doors to separate the rooms in some cases, but it doesn't really work well here, just make walls.
-Add some variation to the furnishing. Three drawers in a row is a bit boring, and they should also be covered on the front.
-Don't mix thatch types.
-In most cases the workshop and store should be on the bottom floor. The living area (bedroom, kitchen, etc) should be on the second floor, and the attic should be used for storage.

For your next challenge, build a 2-3 story house in the style of /warp grassyvale. Good luck!

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Jack, I'll get back to you now as my activity should now start to increase again.
This is a nice house, I'm very sure it fits into Grassyvale!

-No problems with the exteriors other than maybe adding a block of height to the chimney.

-Having a furnace above the ground floor is ok, but if you think about the fact that it lays on top of a wooden floor, be sure to only but a (smaller) furnace block instead of a custom furnace.
-There are a few attics connected by a ladder in Grassyvale, but you have lots of large/heavy items up there. Try to only put stuff up here that fits through the hole and can be lifted by a person.
-You have only one bed, while most medieval families were quite large. This is ok sometimes, but should only happen in a few houses per town.

Overall you are close to server quality now. Let's continue with a Middle Class Build in the more difficult /warp fairmarket. There are examples around, and EStoop has an accurate image of which storey should be used for which purpose.

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Jack! This is a great house, the facade is flawless!
Your interiors are looking good as well. It was important to me to see that you get the idea of how townhouses are organized (specially in Fairmarket) and your build is showing this.

-In the attic you show a bit of slate. While some houses in fairmarket show a bit of slate with a pattern, I think you left this uncovered to get space for the stairs. Try not to do this.
-Another very nitpicky thing: The table drawer art has "feet", which makes it look a bit odd when putting them above each other. While the bench drawer looks a bit poorer, it is better for this purpose.

Overall You reached server standards, which is why I'm gonna approve this application! You should be moved to builder in the forums automatically in the next hours, but since we moved recently you need to ask a moderator to promote you ingame!

Be sure to read this Guide carefully:
http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide

Welcome to the Team

jackmeisterflexx

Mummer
Hey again Andy, thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that the building is up to standards!
I can assure you that the slate in the attic was accidental, I guess that's what happens when you do a final interior check at 3am lol.

I'll read the newbie guide thoroughly and can't wait to start working on builds on the server!