Issues with leaves

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
I and other players have been having issues with the biome coloring of leaves.

This happened to me after logging off and rebooting my launcher without touching any mod settings, a fix would be greatly appreciated

4QeUmet.png

l2HIJnw.png

6BQca8I.png

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Definitely the new Optifine. Marge, can you try switching to fancy graphics and see if the issue persists? I know it's not ideal for everyone to have to use fancy graphics, I just want to know what setting configurations are causing the issue since I can't log in myself right now.

Will have to talk to Emote if my Idea is appropriate (hint: custom block models ;) )

Do you know if it's possible to achieve the random offsets in the intersecting textures this way?

Kuzlov

Messenger
Definitely the new Optifine. Marge, can you try switching to fancy graphics and see if the issue persists? I know it's not ideal for everyone to have to use fancy graphics, I just want to know what setting configurations are causing the issue since I can't log in myself right now.

Do you know if it's possible to achieve the random offsets in the intersecting textures this way?

I have the same issue Fancy vs Fast didn't make a difference to me.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Not great. Tham, let's get on those custom block models. It'd be good to finally fix the fruit leaves anyways. I left an issue request on the betterfoliage repo ages ago, but the developer hasn't been super active in responding to those.

(If this works, it's worth considering whether we should still use betterfoliage at all - it adds some other nice things, like the falling leaf animations, which might be worth keeping - but one dependency less would be nice)

Reactions: Luk

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I saw a youtube video actually that I could try to replicate, but if you have time and motivation to do that pls do cause I'd rather try my hands at the fancy new toys (see my post here: http://forum.westeroscraft.com/threads/westeroscraft-texture-pack-megathread.34/post-12710)

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I can do the grunt work, I just figured you’d know how to make the new models, since you’ve been playing around with that more than I have. I’ll take a look at the video later.

Reactions: Thamus_Knoward
I had this issue for _so long_ and toggling "Smooth lighting" and in the shader pack options fixed it for me* (the options on the main shaders screen, not the pack-specific ones).

*Though I had fiddled with so many things at that point, I cannot say for sure if it's a fix on its own... And I'm on my Mac atm so I'm trying to do this from memory

Reactions: Margaery_Tyrell