ironhex1

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
ironhex1

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I would have to say the depth of the world is what makes me love it. It is not just the number of characters and locales, but the sense of place and history, both personal and societal, is what gives the light of the stories. The drama is built by characters living in the world and reacting to it, and the expanses of this world aid in that drama. Two noble houses not liking each other is one thing, but two families feuding for centuries over long-forgotten strifes and that hate being exploited by other, more powerful lords is just one of the possibilities that the care in ASoIaF's world building permits, and leaves me still amazed long after the show and books.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I tried to think of a major, benchmark location that would fit the mold of this question but then realized the aspects of this community's project that I love the most are shown in a smaller, more out of the way build that I had visited as a spectator a few years ago, and returning to it as I thought about this question I remembered why it stuck out to me. Bandallon, north of Oldtown along the coast of the Sunset Sea, sticks out in how it encapsulates the excellence and point of why Westeros is a wonderful subject to build on. For a reviewer unfamiliar, it is a medium scale castle built on stubby, cliffy peninsula. It is similar to many other Reach castles and locations, bright limestone walls, expansive fields and hinterland, idyllic country and lordly castle. However it also contains the kinds of little secrets that locations in ASoIaF love to have. There are hidden pathways down the cliff to a quiet crypt, and down at the shore there is a dungeon that clearly floods at high tide. It sticks out because it is both realistic and normal and consistent but also specifically unique.

Why do you want to join our server?
I'd like to join the server as a builder because I've had a longstanding want to help with this project in some way, shape or form. I would also like to flex my creative side that has been mostly dormant with college classes. I want to learn how to form the hinterland spaces that bridge between different areas of Westeros, the monotony of fields, farmhouses, small manors, and more that make it all stick together into a single world. I have some other skills in organization and business-related things from my education in real life as well.

Imgur Album: (Fixed now)

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Last edited:

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Ironhex!

Thanks for applying! You've made a good job with the apphouse, you just missed using more of the Cobblestone along with the River Cobble in some parts in the base of the house, like here. One other thing that I noticed is that you are either not with the Resource Pack on or haven't installed Optifine, so some of our blocks are not being displayed corrently, like the wattle and the clothesline. For example this area here should look more like this:
2021-09-07_22.29.52.png
I suggest you check if both the Resource Pack and/or Optifine are working well. You can also make a post in out Support subforum or in the #techsupport channel in our discord server if you're having trouble with that.

Once that is fixed you can start working on your next challenge. For these next challenges you should make your own original houses in the style of the ones in the project locations I'll point out to you. Try looking on how the style of the project works, the blocks used and how they are used and other commonalities between houses. If you haven't already please take a look at our Basic Building Guide, I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

So for the next challenge please build a house in the style of Hammerhall. You can find good examples at /warp hammertown. Please include a reasonably large yard as well, you can see examples of what I mean at the warp. If you have any questions feel free to ask them.
Good luck!

Reactions: ironhex1