Completed Immersion Build: Northern Kingsroad inn

Peptic

Poet
Hi peptic,
I saw this post a few days ago.

I thought of some things you could add to bring this alive,

• such as a small barn for a mule/ox to pull the cart - this would have a hay store/feed in one half.
    = as you said they have a cart which they pick supplies up at the local town/village.

• As it's an inn the staple foods is normally stews and bread, you could include a grindstone/windmill / probably grindstone where they grind there own flour - this mule would work this when not being used for getting goods. Im not sure though as the owners would just buy the flour from the local market. just an extra idea if needed.

• You said they would have pigs - this would be more a source of income being sold on rather then be used for food, they would have chickens for food as they produce eggs [used for bread] and for meat.

They would probably sell the pigs and would buy meat when needed when gathering supplies from the markets or barter with traders
    going past.

• As this inn is self sufficient and far away from any other place, they would also chop there own wood for cooking/warmth.
    = so you could show they make there own firewood.

• You could include some traps in the little wood for catching rabbits as well, it would be nice to think about the wildlife. The pond could have fowl , maybe show some nesting or something, up to you.

hope some of these ideas help and gives the area a bit more then the actual building and yards and thinking about the life of the area.

thx
maj
Thanks for the ideas! they sound great! I'll try to get on that as soon as possible

Reactions: IMajic

Peptic

Poet
Alright, a barn has been added with space for an animal tp pull the cart.
I added a small windmill since I couldn't come up with a design for a grindstone, so this can change later on.
A place where firewood is being chopped has also been added.
I couldn't come up with an idea for traps, so if you have time please do leave an example of some on the tests.
And Emoticone now that I have the windmill I added some small wheat fields to the south, together with some roadside bushes to make the approach more interesting. I also made the road less wide, I decided to keep it about the same distance in-between the houses as I feel that part would be regularly walked on by the inhabitants of the complex.

Reactions: DutchGuard

IMajic

Royal Messenger
I personally think the grindstone fits this immersion better because its a building on its own so a windmill is a bit to much for just for 1 inn to have.

Plus the point of a grindstone was also to fufill a job role for the mule when it wasnt transporting goods.

Grindstone are found all around the server i think there are some projects in the westerlands that have some, i recall marg having a cute one down in the tor you can go look at.

There was once a large tutorial or example of many traps that we all used to use.
I think some of the older builders/ mods might know what i mean. I'm not sure where about the examples are anymore maybe at warp jobs ?? Im not to sure could be on somones plot ? So ask around or a mod might know
Thx maj

Last edited:

Peptic

Poet
Hey again. I removed the windmill and added a grindstone, I also added some traps in the forest. Lmk what you think.