I just don't get it.

cfh0384

Storyteller
Huge chucks of the map are unfinished. Many towns not started or are half finished yet there is a rebuild of KL. Might be just me but I think finishing the project and then going back to polishing seems like the right course. Redo KL... again... check... what's next? Redo Winterfell before the map is complete? Redo Oldtown before Old town even get's built? IDK... what is that game plan here anymore...

cfh0384

Storyteller
I feel like it will be 2030 when we finally get to roleplay... and GrrM will be no closer to ending the books... lol

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi cfh,

So as to not retread a fairly worn discussion, I'm just going to link the following threads:

This is not a KL rebuild or redo, but rather a remaster. The primary difference is that we don't have to spend 1+ years in the high-level city planning stage and can instead focus on micro-plotting and aesthetics. This is actually intended to future-proof the city precisely so we won't redo it in the future, since I don't think anyone heavily involved in the original KL really wants to do that or thinks that it's necessary.

As far as the unstarted towns and projects you mention - projects require dedicated people. Before people can build at a project, it first needs to be planned, terraformed, etc., which isn't a quick process at all. Due to the nature of our project, we're unfortunately often at the whims of people's motivations and availability. As any new builder can attest to, the KL remaster came at a great time as there was a severe shortage of plots elsewhere in the map, and it gives them something really productive to do. Oldtown is on its way, and the planning of the project (both in-game planning and the constitutional document) becomes more solidified every month, but it'll still take some more time before it's ready.

As far as the roleplay, the limiting factor there isn't really the creation of the map, but rather the lack of a solid, active developer team. Should anyone be interested in working on that aspect of the project, it could be done on a limited KL map and still be plenty immersive. As an ancient on the server, I want to see the map completed probably more than most others here, but I also understand that there's other aspects of a server and community that we have to balance.

And no, Winterfell is not going to be redone.

cfh0384

Storyteller
Hi cfh,

So as to not retread a fairly worn discussion, I'm just going to link the following threads:

This is not a KL rebuild or redo, but rather a remaster. The primary difference is that we don't have to spend 1+ years in the high-level city planning stage and can instead focus on micro-plotting and aesthetics. This is actually intended to future-proof the city precisely so we won't redo it in the future, since I don't think anyone heavily involved in the original KL really wants to do that or thinks that it's necessary.

As far as the unstarted towns and projects you mention - projects require dedicated people. Before people can build at a project, it first needs to be planned, terraformed, etc., which isn't a quick process at all. Due to the nature of our project, we're unfortunately often at the whims of people's motivations and availability. As any new builder can attest to, the KL remaster came at a great time as there was a severe shortage of plots elsewhere in the map, and it gives them something really productive to do. Oldtown is on its way, and the planning of the project (both in-game planning and the constitutional document) becomes more solidified every month, but it'll still take some more time before it's ready.

As far as the roleplay, the limiting factor there isn't really the creation of the map, but rather the lack of a solid, active developer team. Should anyone be interested in working on that aspect of the project, it could be done on a limited KL map and still be plenty immersive. As an ancient on the server, I want to see the map completed probably more than most others here, but I also understand that there's other aspects of a server and community that we have to balance.

And no, Winterfell is not going to be redone.

Thank you Emote, those links were informative.

Reactions: Emoticone11

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Also there is already a RP group on the discord chat and there is still some movement on the quest writing. It’s not a lot on the quests but I’m still chewing through ideas and have a descent amount handwritten

Reactions: cfh0384