husband to bears Builder Application

husband to bears

Mummer

United States

From the WesterosCraft youtube channel. I saw images of the massive Kingslanding build on reddit but didn't know it was part of a bigger project.

My favorite book series are ASOIAF and The Sword of Truth novels.

All of the above

All of the above

My favorite ASOIAF character is Jon Snow, because of his struggle to do the right and honorable thing when it conflicts with what his brothers, kings, friends and family want from him. Also his journey to put aside his pride and understand his brothers and the Free Folk. Tyrion is my second favorite although i prefer the book version to the show.

I hope to be a professional artist one day, I enjoy drawing cities, castles, and pixel art which translates well to Minecraft. I can work by myself or with others and I take criticism well.

I love the ASOIAF books and the HBO adaptation. I'm making ASOIAF fanart and building in minecraft anyway and I want to be a help make WesterosCraft a bigger and more detailed world.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Bears,
Thanks for your patience, it's been a hectic few weeks with the show finishing and lots of people applying to be a builder, so I hope you're still interested!

I like your house a lot and shows your potential, it's clear you've put some thought into the house and have explored our custom block set.

I'll give you some general notes and tips which should help with future builds.
- the daub panels look nice and appropriately symmetrical and you've done a good job with the mix of stone bricks.
- All our buildings generally have a ground floor mix of dirt and gravel.
- Regular pistons are typically used for tables rather than the sticky piston checkerboard style.
- The furnace should also be directly connected to the chimney.
- Make sure to add rafters beneath the exterior roof blocks, the general rule is that you shouldn't be able to see the roof tiles from inside the house, e.g:
U0citpj.png

Otherwise though you're off to a great start.

If you haven't taken a look yet, this page has some more points and examples that will help on future builds.

https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

For the first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks). Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Bears,
Nice work with this house challenge.

- the shape, layout and block palette all look good and in keeping with the Hawthorne style, except that I believe Hawthorne uses the darker brown daub set rather than the clean white one. The daub pattern itself is great, if it were swapped to the other variety of daub it would be perfect.

- All the interior/yard details are nice and appropriate to a low class farmer too.

- Not a big deal but perhaps a little too much smoke coming from the chimney, usually a trail of 4 -5 would be fine.

Overall though, great job. For your next challenge, please build a middle class house in the style of /warp whsprawl. Take a look at the styleguide at the warp and the finished houses in the White Harbor area and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/baker/boat builder, netmaker etc). Note in the post which profession you go with as well.

Good luck!

husband to bears

Mummer
Here is my middle class whsprawl rope maker build

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Bears,
Thanks for completing this White Harbor house, you've done well with capturing the style of a typical White Harbor sprawl house.
There's not a lot of feedback I can give since you've done such a good job.
- I'd suggest with the yard that you should avoid using dirt/gravel slabs between patches of grass blocks, you'd be fine just to make that whole section of the yard dirt/gravel.
- Also make sure that when you use cabinets/workbench/drawer blocks, you only leave one side of it exposed, you can cover up the other sides with half doors. I think I can see a cabinet on the bedroom with the double bed with two sides exposed.
- You can also scatter some thatch carpet blocks around the top floor rooms to act as rugs.

Overall though great job. For your next challenge, please build a middle class house in the style of /warp hgtown. This area has a lot of fluidity in it’s style, so pick a house that will challenge you.