How are you create the Wall

Ariel

Mummer
Hello, I have a question. How did you create such a varied the Wall. What tools did the builders use, or was it all done by hand (without WorldPainter or WorldEdit)?

Thanks, for you attention!

P.S. I know there can be two different versions in the pictures, so I am interested in both.

RhAea07h.jpg
1596199176203.jpeg
D6_zKGVXoAEixvQ.jpg

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hi Ariel, thank you for your question.
I’m not sure how our newer version was made but the old version was made by me.

You can see on either side of the Castle Black stairs (The first image you posted) identical patterns of wavy white lines of snow blocks, which is a hint to how it was created.

First a relatively small section of the wall was made (using both WorldEdit and hand detailing) which was then copy and pasted side by side until they reached the full length.

Ariel

Mummer
Hi Ariel, thank you for your question.
I’m not sure how our newer version was made but the old version was made by me.

You can see on either side of the Castle Black stairs (The first image you posted) identical patterns of wavy white lines of snow blocks, which is a hint to how it was created.

First a relatively small section of the wall was made (using both WorldEdit and hand detailing) which was then copy and pasted side by side until they reached the full length.
Wow, I myself did not think of copy-paste and did not notice this detail, great! Thank you for your answer and I immediately had a new question, how did you manage to turn the wall (it doesn't always go in a straight line)?

Reactions: DutchGuard

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
That was done by selecting slices of the wall with WorldEdit after they had been pasted, and offsetting them forward or back according to a line I had laid out beforehand.