resume:

shhf 1
shhf 3
Waterman
Waterman hamlet 1
Waterman holdfast 1
Northern brewery at waterman

canon:
House Holt is a noble house in the north, House Holt once held the Wolf's Den. Ser Maynard Holt is the captain of Talon, a ship of the Night's Watch.

overview of my plans:
my plans for house holt is to create and a minor house from which trade has come to them from the route on way to white harbor the people of the area are poor farmer/ hunters etc. and will be lightly populated. House holt will have a good relationship with the manderlys and are very loyal towards them and regularly visit them in new castles and seat with them in their court so this will be shown within the lands and keep.

houses :
House will follow the same design as what is already in place around in the white harbour sprawl, this is to keep constantly throughout the project and the surrounding lands.

keep pallet and test:

hle4SqyRtZN6TCmAcaQOCwNmJkgH8GPhW8S_Ua9bP_w8kg2b6076wK4hJ3AaRx7gl2JR8m59fFGpPlIKnuKK18xkH9UCvvb8-xUMCFZJ_lg8f2F5WfTqGKb9ynB1XrjBmx4hrF5C
LLHCIDpVtyZvZwui-7fB0_6vQUWkqhJN-Af67W2Gr5pasEFn4lYe83aaIjP_1kxPHHU-jbTo5tKfMSx1oACFfBc_dIszlOPjFoSISQWVIXHtdd5iLc3izCkiQN_t7nuJbx6VhzYi

The layout/inspiration

X3ROLifEEG7JDkmvzhfu0G3nT_RoaVn9Xe_se66zA9jCwZYCp7QtB8Y6Y2e6d5CWALYCS2cTq1rkIqcZGeVonhCadeiSy5NY4QbpVUVyCawtibqZ_k4tMZB05Tpab4Gx4afz5PT7

As you can see the layout follows a similar style to that of Douglas the black keep in Scotland the reason for this is that when i started testing for house holt I decided that’s I need a Scottish castle design thats would fit in with the area something small but also could have character just like the rest of surrounding lands of white harbour and this was what came to mind personally I think this will work well within the white harbour project and tried together that of white harbour and moss. (for more information on what the buildings are gonna look like please take a look at my test plot at /warp damascus)

The image below shows a simple map on how I plan for the land in which holt sits on with look like;

FzMsYz7snbSfoUqAEL60LFp3JxIXfESscvKY6htLWNAMTZub-7hME-06ZcKJARAoK8HJUcXO3m23-oV8GMCBoqfuYg2pJ_XcvYhk-_3L3Ww3S2MozT5TPrZYiMru4SL5bg2jNzr5

blue= pound/lake

red= hamlet

yellow = keep

Grey = cliff/hilly areas

Black = roads/path

Brown = fields and crops

Dark green = forest and swampy areas

Light brown= small wooden watch tower similar to what’s in use around white harbour’s lands

(note) there are a couple of special buildings within this project, that is a inn complex on the road just outside the hamlet nothing to big or fancy.

final thoughts

all the test can be found at /warp damascus if you wish to take a closer look.

and thanks for taking the time to look through this app and i hope it’s what you are looking for and you approve it .

the keep doesn’t have a full pallet because i could be bothered but a bit of it does.

cheers

-Lord_Damascus

Last edited:
Reactions: Emoticone11

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Dama,

I'm wondering what you intended with the roads going horizontally between the fields? Also, there should be a road going North and connecting with Moss (via a bridge over the river). Ideally we should probably do something with the area between Holt and the river as well. I don't think it needs to be too dense, but some meadows and an occasional house/pasture/veggie field might look nice.

I think it would be helpful if you made a (zoomed in) map that was a little more detailed, since the farmland plots right now are super big and could have more interesting layouts (roads, individual farmer houses, barns, pastures?, etc.). Take a look at some of the fields to the Southeast of WH. Labelling the types of crops would also be very helpful and make the terra a bit easier on my part.

Kor_Bro

Envoy
Glad to see you helping us reach the finish line with WH, Damas!
On Emot's point about the horizontal roads between the roads, we could have at least one of them lead off into the forest to the east, to a few more lumber camps or something similar, adding some points of interest in that area as well. I will continue my work back up in that area shortly, as the southern WH sprawl nears completion.

lord_damascus

Bard
agreed on all points above, apologies emot I didn't think the land between holt and the river was mine with is why I left it and the map is very rough tbh the fields are small fields like what already going on in wh I was just showing the general area of which would be dedicated to farmland. the horizontal paths were intended to head off to small farmstead etc. and very good point kor I think a lumber camp or maybe a hunting post would be good in the forested bits of the land ! I shall come up with a more detail plan for you emot aswell

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Please have more than 1 hamlet, the north is riddled already with a really low population. As I stated in my List of Available projects, no project should be geared towards a level 1 unless necessary (I acknowledge you probably haven't seen it), and this would most definitely be ranked as such. Upon going through most of the northern locations, we were severely lacking in projects beyond a keep and a few homes. So please, reconsider the one hamlet layout, I personally don't believe it's acceptable.

Holt was added during Waz's and I's addition of houses to the list. While having the option to put it anywhere, you decided to cram them next to White Harbour when you have the entire south of Flint along the river to make a reasonably sized house sharing more than one hamlet.
https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Holt_(north)
This article says Holt use to be ruler of the Wolf's Den but that doesn't imply that they're that nearby.

Expand and relocate I say.

The keep you have is lovely, give it some lovely lands too.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Holt is officially a sub-build of White Harbor (not a full project, as Dama is currently working on waterman anyways) and was planned that way pretty much since we started the sprawl. I think the location is fine, as it adds variety and backstory to the development of WH over the ages, which is very important for a city build. The North is pretty lacking overall, but that won't be solved by relocating such a small project.

The one hamlet is what I told dama to go with, however Holt should also form part of the continuous sprawl of WH to an extent, so there should be more houses along the fields and roads than just the main hamlet.

And yeah @lord_damascus , I wouldn't mind if you expanded the map to include the whole WIP area between the area I'm doing to the west and the area Kor is doing to the east. Both of us will be doing most of the terra, so it shouldn't be too much extra planning work but would help on our part.

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Holt is officially a sub-build of White Harbor (not a full project, as Dama is currently working on waterman anyways) and was planned that way pretty much since we started the sprawl. I think the location is fine, as it adds variety and backstory to the development of WH over the ages, which is very important for a city build. The North is pretty lacking overall, but that won't be solved by relocating such a small project.

The one hamlet is what I told dama to go with, however Holt should also form part of the continuous sprawl of WH to an extent, so there should be more houses along the fields and roads than just the main hamlet.

And yeah @lord_damascus , I wouldn't mind if you expanded the map to include the whole WIP area between the area I'm doing to the west and the area Kor is doing to the east. Both of us will be doing most of the terra, so it shouldn't be too much extra planning work but would help on our part.

Sorry! I guess I had pieces of missing information. Holt never was dedicated a section of land so it seemed weird to press it against WH without just reasoning.

lord_damascus

Bard
not to worry otty just a misunderstanding and I agree with the north lacking it's something I tried to rectify with waterman, and that's no problem emot I shall have a new plan soon for you.

lord_damascus

Bard
h7o7jXzWvPAOVFDuxILMVQC21U07g5VlM7J42Q39LkVYF795Ziav-JBJ81g75UZmr34BzGKRssxgvCdaJVd8raNqdmpQM9kglpxxefJ642TGcZ8c7vazA6jglHnFObIGzaUkA3vJ

dark green = forest/bogs/marsh etc.
light green= light forest
dark brown = fields
small maroon circles = windmills
orange = farmstead
blue= hamlet houses (low class)
purple = log mill and inn complex
red = wooden watchtower (same as what already used in wh sprawl)
dark blue = small pond
light brown = bridge into moss lands
black = paths and roads

Note:
-Fields will be mostly wheat with a few veggie fields near the main road e.g cabbage, turnips etc
- this is not to scale
-may plan for a small sept to also be in the hamlet but this is done to the mods decission

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Dama,

I like your plans overall! I made a few modifications to the map (also just fleshing out some stuff in more detail), let me know what you think:

9fddd9c95f.png

I used yellow-green to indicate veggie fields (as opposed to brown which will be wheat fields). I'm also now using the light blueish green to indicate meadows and grazing pastures.

We can discuss the map more, but I like your overall direction! Also, I already mentioned this to you in-game, but for the keep, you'll probably want to re-build some of the keep in order to fit the terrain (rather than being completely flat). Approved!

lord_damascus

Bard
2 lumber camps are in need of a tender builders love there already plotted out just need a hand finishing them off as my skills to build tent aren't the best, speak to me and emot for info :)