Completed House Gaunt by Endymion

Hey

I am appealing for House Gaunt to be exempted from the No-Redo Rule per clause 1(c) - Abandoned Build Clause: If a build is incomplete and filed under the project orphanage as an abandoned build, it may be allowed to be redone.

I am appealing for a redo rather than an update as it would provide more flexibility and allow me to better plan the area. However, I am planning on keeping the key features (knight manse, ruined watchtower and inn) that were already built and I am going to update them so they would fit more with the overall project.

For reference I already made the application aswell: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xCYsTta7WgOXdEx8rBtEiiRRUfUoIatw/view?usp=sharing

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
Nice lands layout - love all the lakes in recent CL projects.
Ark's keep is pretty as always, really glad it's finally getting used.

Given your experience and skills with rivers, Crownlands countryside and forests, I cannot not approve this app (this includes the big river, if Veggie is fine with it).

Have fun :)

Hey after almost 2 months i’m happy to announce that Gaunt is done! Thank you to everyone that helped and a special shout out to @WhereRmyDragons and @AlexIsTragic for the help.

I will write the forum page in the coming days and will do the main river as an seperate editor project in the week between gaunt post-approval and the time I can apply again for my baby Wyl;).

Have fun exploring Gaunt and pls do tell me when you see anything weird at Gaunt.

I love the ending result! But I'll point out that the project went into the Byrch lands and builds themselves. Its almost a 4 year old project so yea some things weren't that great and may have needed updating/modifying, but at the time I dedicated a lot of time to that project to the best of my abilities, so going online to find stuff changed, modified and altright completely different without warning/asking or appealing to re-do/change a neighbouring project's area/builds was a bit meh. While saying this I'm not criticising the changes I think they are great, just didn't know you could change a neighbouring project like that with no warning. But if I'm incorrect then I apologize for not knowing and take back this comment xD

Greetings,
Seri

The way I see it is he made the transition more natural. Did anything major get altered (buildings removed)? If not for as far as I know people are encouraged to make transitions smooth between projects with terraforming and it's up the the latter build to make it so. If anything major got altered I'd agree with you but I don't know what got changed.

Ok so this garnered more attention than expected. The things that changed were modification of one building at the end of the old keep's forest the covering of the stoney hills, a terra I did, with new buildings and forest and the addition of roads. And as I said before, the changes are great and I don't want this to interfere with the approving process, my main issue was that it wasn't warned or mentioned that parts of house Byrch lands would be modified/changed. Roads, land borders (the House Byrch border ended by the river) and riversides I completely understand that they don't need previous warning, but entire patches of land that took a while to terraform would've been nice. But again, nothing serious, just a tiny feedback.

Reactions: zzaarr and ItsPabs
Ok so this garnered more attention than expected. The things that changed were modification of one building at the end of the old keep's forest the covering of the stoney hills, a terra I did, with new buildings and forest and the addition of roads. And as I said before, the changes are great and I don't want this to interfere with the approving process, my main issue was that it wasn't warned or mentioned that parts of house Byrch lands would be modified/changed. Roads, land borders (the House Byrch border ended by the river) and riversides I completely understand that they don't need previous warning, but entire patches of land that took a while to terraform would've been nice. But again, nothing serious, just a tiny feedback.

Ok. I didn't know these lands belonged to House Byrch. They were empty and seemed undeveloped, so I just assumed they were part of Gaunt. I also couldn't find any maps since your thread only picks up at the post-approval proces. I did my best to make good borders, reaching out to others, asking where projects stopped and Gaunt started. You probably weren't around, otherwise i'm sure i'd have reached out. Since you like the changes I hope we can put this to bed and call Gaunt done ;) .

PS: This is not ment in a condesending way towards your terra from in 2017. I very well know how much time good terra takes.

Last edited:
Ok. I didn't know these lands belonged to House Byrch. They were empty and seemed undeveloped, so I just assumed they were part of Gaunt. I also couldn't find any maps since your thread only picks up at the post-approval proces. I did my best to make good borders, reaching out to others, asking where projects stopped and Gaunt started. You probably weren't around, otherwise i'm sure i'd have reached out. Since you like the changes I hope we can put this to bed and call Gaunt done ;) .

PS: This is not ment in a condesending way towards your terra from in 2017. I very well know how much time good terra takes.

Yea it's completely fine by me! Issue handled. Case closed :)

Reactions: Endymion