Completed House Falwell by Otmis

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her

I believe it is time to request post approval for Falwell!
Ch-ch-ch-changes-
Approved Changes (from Old forums)
-Moving of the main hamlet (Fools town) to the west on the peninsula
-Removing the idea of two bridges to one and having a ferry instead

Unapproved but Logical
-Removing a holdfast in the mining hamlet, saw no real need for it, they're close enough to the main town, it's small and it's in the mountains.
-Removal of a Holdfast between the bridge and the agriculture hamlet as it is close to both the main hamlet and bridge and another holdfast...
-Not enough trees for a lumber camp...

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Got a tour of the build finally, helped fix a couple things but overall everything looks great! :D

Just a couple comments on the terra stuff, which I won't let interfere with the post-approval itself:
- The biome transition should be made smoother using a technique such as this one - doesn't need to be as perfect in the image, but essentially just blobs of each biome decreasing in size to create a dithering effect. It should be generally easy now that /b biome updates automatically.
- It'd be good to get the flowers brushed in (in lower amounts) in the areas surrounding Falwell, just so it doesn't seem like such a localized phenomenon to have a bunch of yellow and red flowers. Something to keep in mind for whoever does Silverhill and whatever other builds are around there.

But anyways, post-approved, awesome work!

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Can fix the biome easily and I can look into being silver hills editor to keep the wildflowers consistent Glad ot has got one approval, loved working as her editor atleast most of the time

Reactions: Emoticone11

NewEnglandRed09

Storyteller
I agree with Emot about the flowers around the Falwell keep. I'm still a big fan of them, but they look kind of patchy at the moment. I'd suggest less of them in general, and definitely less patches, but make them more ground cover so they look more like wildflowers mixed with grass... Maybe 85% grass textures and 15% flowers? Maybe Waz can play around with it??

Not sure about the signs in the cell in the cellar/dungeon... any context there?

Wiki article done...?

I like the build and I can post approve pending the above feedback...

Reactions: Wazgamer

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
*internal thoughts* not the flowers again D:

I can add them to the grass mix around the areas where there are patches of them to make them blend more subtly?

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Wiki article not done, been inundated with homework and just haven't cared to get around it. But it'll get there when I have motivation...

oops hehe, was a tempory easter egg I forgot to crack, its a reference to Pirate of the Caribbean attraction. Will delete!

Thanks a lot red! I appreciate your time and feedback in the upmost possible way. Glad to say I am tying up the knots on this project!

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
Okay I believe I've reminded the flowers :D I've made the patches less defined so it looks like the flowers are more spread out but lead back to a source.