Completed House Byrch - Project Application

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Serious!
This is a very well done first project, I'm happy that a good chunk of land next to KingsLanding is now (almost) done.
Here's what I found going through the project:

-In the part north of the foresting hamlet (all pasture and wilderness), as well as in the forests you added a high percentage of Savannah Tall Gras in your mix. I guess it is about 30%. While I like the mix in the older pastures, where it is maybe around 10%, it's definetly too much there. The Gras is good to use in blobs in forests, near rivers or the wilderness or as a mix, but in that case in a smaller percentage. If you walk through your pastures, it really irritates that the gras moves as one. You should drastically decrease it here. In the forests add some Ladyfern and other forest plants instead, in the pastures just gras.

-There are small patches of ungrassed land towards the Stokeworth road and the stream on the west border of the lands.

-There are a tad to many candles on the roof of your castle.

-The rookery is very large compared to the castle size. While you shouldn't decrease the size of the room, maybe show that not all of it is used, maybe decrease the number of cages or put a few in a corner with webs on them.

-You can add another entry or two to the fields around the main castle. Right now villagers would have to go a long way east to enter the fields, which doesn't make sense as they border the village.

-The ruin is very immersive, but the ladder on top bothers me. If you want a ladder there, go for iron rugs, but a rope ladder shouldn't outlive the stone of the castle.

-We talked about the windmill. I like the design, but it is the only one with this design in the crownlands, and projects to your north and south use the standard wooden ones, which are also a good bit higher than yours. I really want you to save it and use it somewhere else, but go for a wooden one in Byrch, simply for continuity.

-I know why you want to put another block than just normal dirt and gravel in the quarry, but until we get a good pebble block that could maybe even be used here, I prefer normal dirt mix over the exotic dornish dirt mix in the Crownlands.

If all of the above gets adressed, and you get the Wiki done, consider this project post-approved from me!

EDIT: I forgot one point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thamus_Knoward
All feedback has been adressed, I added a gate next to the pasture behind the stables. But I dont know what to do for my wiki, I've tried contacting with demod but I got no response so should I do in a google doc document? should I reach someone? What should I do?

Thanks,
Sseri

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
I can’t check on the server right now, but I trust you with addressing all my feedback, if Nero is fine with it too. You don’t need pizza for a postspproval.

You can do the wiki enter yourself, I did it too. It’s not that hard to make a user in the wiki - you may have to take a few minutes to get used to the editor, but then you can do it :)

Reactions: SseriousBusiness