Horseshoe hills (Reach)

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey,
As I was looking at some locations of the Northern Reach (near Old Oak, Coldmoat and around the Horseshoe hills), I found it quite hard to find any cannon location for some locations there.
And I came across this map, and the blog atlasoficeandfire.

Does anyone know this blog? is it serious?
Also, what was the cannon that led us to place the Horseshoe hills where they currently are (North-East of Old Oak)?

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
I also wonder where we place the Northmarch.
Currently, according to where Houses Durwell, Conklyn, Webber and Osgrey are located, it would be South of Crakehall and North of this group of Houses.

Attachments

• dynmap screenshot.pdf
    149.1 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: AerioOndos

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
"It was a grant of rights, ser. To Lord Wyman Webber, from the king. For his leal service in the late rebellion, Lord Wyman and his descendants were granted all rights to the Chequy Water, from where it rises in the Horseshoe Hills to the shores of Leafy Lake. It also said that Lord Wyman and his descendants should have the right to take red deer and boar and rabbits in Wat's Wood whene'er it pleased them, and to cut twenty trees from the wood each year." The boy cleared his throat. "The grant was only for a time, though. The paper said that if Ser Eustace were to die without a male heir of his body, Standfast would revert to the crown, and Lord Webber's privileges would end."

It'd be important for the development of the Sworn Sword land

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
I have found something while going through the A Wiki of Ice and Fire for Little Dosk: https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Little_Dosk

"Little Dosk was a village in the Reach during the reign of King Aerys I Targaryen. It was raided by ironmen and half of the village was destroyed. It was once controlled by House Osgrey, but the power of the house diminished over the years and it eventually came under the power of someone else."

I believe this gives the notion that it's close by the shore and perhaps on the Ocean Road as well which is where it lies currently.

Another sort of support to that is this fanmade map of the Sworn Sword Lands the validity of which I don't know but I think it looks pretty cool and could perhaps prove useful in any possible relocation.
Klaradox — THE SWORN SWORD - MAP This map is an exerpt of a...

Here we can also see that it lies by the sea too although I can't tell where in Westeros specifically. It would seem that this general area seems to be an unofficially agreed upon location for these lands. Perhaps it was these reasons why its initial location is where it is now.

That's about all I could find :p I hope this was of any help.