Harrenhal Walls Team

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey everyone!

We are happy to announce the start of works on Harrenhal! The first step will be the work on the Walls, beginning with the pasting and adjusting the current design that was chosen and, afterwards, adding details and finally preparing the gradient. The team will be lead by me (Ric).

In order to achive this, we'll put together a team of dedicated builders to help on this work. All interested (full) builders may apply on this thread.

2023-03-03_16.25.42.png

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey guys

Thanks everyone who wants to help out! I'll soon reach out to you guys with access to a discussion group so we can better lay out what comes next. In the mean time Homiesucc has been a great help on setting the base of the walls we'll all work on :)

About siege weapons, canonically there are at least scorpions over the walls. But I do like the idea of having some other rotted wooden equipment here and there, with few stuff in good state.

RavishMeRed

Printmaker
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
What about petrified wood?
Petrified wood would not exist under the conditions present on castle walls. In order to achieve petrified wood, it would need to be buried in wet sediment and saturated with minerals, a process in itself that takes well over 5k-10k years. Unless if there is a different kind of petrified wood I'm not aware of?

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Alright guys, it's been a while since I started this thread because basically life got in the way. But now I think we are good to begin the works. The last few months I pasted the walls and added towers on them. I now will make another call, just to be sure people interested still want to take part in this team. If you want to enter the team, send me a message or post it here :)

To reiterate, the Walls Team will be lead by me and will have the objective of working on the walls. The version already in place are just a base that we can work with, to add erosion signs, dragon fire marks (melting, etc) and unique details to improve them in general. Within the scope of this team will also be the works on the towers around the walls as well as the finishing and detailing the Main Gate. Feedback is always welcome too, regardless of membership in the team.

Finally, the East Gate is also open for apps, which will be very unique because of its location and angle. Anyone interested feel free to test and then apply for it here.