Fin Builder Application

Fin

Playwright
What is your Minecraft username?
formerlyFin (used to be InfinityMe123, but I didn't migrate my account in time to keep my name)

What is your age?
25+

In what country are you living?
Switzerland

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I have no idea anymore. I read all the books and watched all the TV series, but truth be told, I'm not reapplying for any new found interest in the world of ASoIaF. I'm reapplying because of how fondly remember my time here and the community. And I remember how well suited this world was for the type of creativity I grew to love in Minecraft; with the little settlements, castles all over, quaint villages and hidden places you can develop on your own, but also the breadth of canon locations with fantasy elements, that allow for challenging and exciting building and planning.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I've got a special connection to Fairmarket. The town planning, the architecture, and surrounding agriculture and sprawl—I remember helping Estoop out in its construction and its retained its status as a great source of inspiration and place for exploration to me.

Why do you want to join our server?
I miss the unique creative mode, and the excitement and inspiration that came from building on this server. I found myself reminiscing multiple times in these years since I last was active on the server and right now I think it'll do me really good to have a place to go be creative, that is free from the institutional pressures I face in my day-to-day. That being said, I don't see myself taking on a very active role as my days are generally quite busy. Building some houses here and there, making some tests, that's what I'm hoping for. I'm eager to help out Emoticone11 in the Vale megaproject, if Emote's open to that. I can also see myself taking up the mantle of terraformer again. I found great enjoyment in building large, immersive natural environments. But let's take it one step at a time. I'm open for anything :)

Primer for the images: I built a whole different house first, only to read the updated application guidelines. Silly me. Attached you'll find both the application house as a rough copy, as well as a test I decided to make for a Gulltown townhouse with a bookbinder inside. I figured it wouldn't hurt to upload both.

2023-11-08_15.43.17.png2023-11-08_15.43.21.png2023-11-08_15.43.34.png2023-11-08_15.43.39.png2023-11-08_15.43.47.png2023-11-08_15.44.08.png2023-11-08_15.43.10.png2023-11-08_14.45.35.png2023-11-08_14.45.44.png2023-11-08_14.45.50.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Fin,

So happy to see you reapplying! :)

I see your building skills are as sharp as ever. I've got no feedback to give. Actually, one tiny thing - we have custom "locked fence gate" blocks now that I would recommend using for interiors rather than the vanilla one. You can use the cycler tool ("debug stick" in vanilla) to switch them into the open position for shelves.

Anyways, I've promoted you back to builder. Welcome back to the team!