erm24

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
moshipig

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I've only seen the show but absolutely love how arya progressed over the series

What is your favorite build on our server?
I love the detailing of dragonstone and the thought that went into making every part of the space have a purpose

Why do you want to join our server?
I love build project servers and would love to work with a group on a large build, I am familiar with many different styles of structures and designs, and I am always looking for more experience and project to put time into

FOH WC.pngRS WC.pngBOH WC.pngLS WC.pngInt1 WC.pngInt2 WC.pngInt3 WC.pngClng WC.pngFLR WC.pngAuth WC.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey moshipig,

Thanks for your application! I'm glad to see your interest with the server and in helping out with the project.

Nice work with the apphouse! Not really seeing any issues with it. Hope the exercise was helpful for learning our server's building style. For subsequent challenge builds, you'll be expected to build original houses of your own design, in the style of specific locations on our server. However, I recommend thinking of it similarly to the application house - except now, instead of simply replicating a house, you should try to replicate particular elements of multiple houses, and synthesize them into an original creation. After each one I'll give some feedback.

For the first challenge build, please make a middle-class house in the style of /warp tortown. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

erm24

Mummer
Here is my middle class tortown house, I left the sides deliberately blank because of the way those houses seem to fit together.

Link to imgur!

(Images uploaded to album backwards so it makes most sense to start at the bottom and scroll up)

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey moshipig,

Nice work on this house, overall it seems to fit well into the Tor style. The interior layout is well done as well. I do have a bit of nitpicky feedback to give, though:

- The stone/plaster gradient is on the right track; you seem to have gotten the general method down. However, with plaster you generally want to have a single connected surface towards the center of the facade, rather than multiple "blobs" of plaster scattered around. Think of it as a stone house that was plastered over, and now some of the plaster is cracking and showing exposed stone in areas where it faces the most erosion (the corners, bottom, etc.).

- The ceiling/rafters in the second floor need some work. Overall it feels pretty flat. You don't necessarily need to cover every spot with wood slabs when doing rafters; you just need to add enough that it's clear the slate is supported from underneath. You could try something like this, for instance, provided it's not too difficult with your slight diagonal. Otherwise, I'd just play around with better rafters or possibly vertical supports. I also noticed a couple mistakes, such as on the left here (there's a gap).

- Avoid trapdoor blocks in general (except as actual trapdoors), since the texture is rather outdated. You can use half door blocks for that instead. Make sure all your bench/cabinet blocks are covered by half door blocks (or other furniture) on all sides but one as well.

- I'm a bit confused by the point of the bread on the outside sill here.

For the next challenge build, please make a medium-sized house in the style of /warp duskendale. Include a sizeable yard as well. Let me know if you have any questions on either my feedback or the challenge style. Good luck!