Empty natural basins

Lagalt

Mummer
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I have now been visiting your server for some time, I am really amazed of the job you have done so far !

I post here today to make a small suggestion about lakes. Indeed I have seen many basins without lakes on the server, particularly in mountainous areas. Apart from some rare cases, water usually fills completely any basin and forms a lake (the water inflow comes either from a river (or more) or rain and the water outflow comes either through another river, evaporation, or ground infiltration).
Apart from desertic areas or really large basins, evaporation and infiltration are often negligible, leaving basins with the only possibility to empty through an outflow river.

On the server, I found many places where I think a lake would naturally form. Here are two examples of coordinates where I found such situations on my last visit : (x:-5058,z:22481) ; (x:-2638;z:23108).

I hope this message can help. In any case I wish you the best for all your undergoing projects !

(Btw sorry for possible mistakes in english, I am not a native speaker)

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Hi Lagalt! The areas you mentioned I noticed were right outside the builder's desired domain of the nearest project. This means the builder stopped their terraforming right around that area and therefore didn't address the issue or re-terraform that area. Many gaps between projects have this problem unfortunately and are likely something to be addressed as we start to finish up our world and go back in and add what we call "immersion builds" to fill these gaps.