Durk Builder Application

Durk

Mummer
I'd say i'm about 19 yo

The Netherlands.

From memory. My brother used to help out a little on the old server, and i had a sudden urge to see how things are these days.

The elder scrolls is pretty cool. Mount and blade: Warband. The Witcher 3 Wild hunt.

Game of Thrones

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

The coffee cup from season 8, i like his personality.

I'd wager i'm pretty good at detailing. it's the little things that make a build. (to me at least) you can have a giant castle. but only when it feels alive, is it truly done.

I want to test my limits and learn new things. I've been building off and on for a few years now. But it feels as thought my skills have stagnated a little. And i think Westeroscraft is the perfect place for me to learn new things and talk to experienced builders!

https://imgur.com/a/yGvPfjP

I'm sure you will find plenty of compensation inside of the album for this one.

Reactions: zzaarr

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Durk, thanks for your application, so sorry it's taken a bit of time to get back to you, the start of the year has pulled a lot of us away from the project with work/school.

Your app shows a lot of potential, it's clear you've put some thought into the house, I'll give you some general notes that should help with future builds.

- Nice effort with the diagonal shape of the house, diagonals can be tricky and the overall shape is well done, I'd just suggest with the roof positioning the thatch roof stairs in this kind of orientation to give it a more smooth/uninterrupted shape.

- The general look and feel of the house is a good start, but that chimney would never ever work.

For a house like this, you would only need a chimney of this size

- I like the stone wall you've done out front and the mix of stone/daub for the house , I'd just suggest using the same kind of bricks for both the wall and the house for consistency.

- The interior/yard fishing details look good.

For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread. Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town.

Also take a look this page for some more points and examples that will help on future builds.

https://forum.westeroscraft.com/wiki/basic-building-guide-for-applicants/

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!