DubiusKartof

Mummer
What is your Minecraft username?
DubiosKartof

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
The Netherlands

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I really like battles in the tv series like battle of bastards or battle of blackwater.

What is your favorite build on our server?
I really like mistwood in stormlands rainforest.

Why do you want to join our server?
I want to be a part of this server people here are helpful when I ask something and I like to build in single player.

Tell us about your build.
I made a weapon smith in the Duskendale style. The bottom floor is his store with his workspace outside next to the house. His apprentice sleeps above the workplace. He lives with his wife in the space above the store. The first floor is their common living space and the bedroom of the smith and his wife. The attic is where the children sleep and he keeps his money.

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/f4KDbG9

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing Jon Snow

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey Dubuis,

Thanks for taking the time to apply.

I think for a first house, you have done a really good job. I can see you have lots of potential, and a solid foundational knowledge of how to build that’ll be great on the server!

I think it’s always hard to judge these town houses without the other houses either side, but think this looks solid regardless.

Some things I think you need to be careful of;

1. Daub and Wattle patterning could be improved. Try and view the wooden beams of the block as structural elements which make up a wider frame that the daub is filled in to.
  2. I think the back of the hearth is too big and chunky. I like something which is just big enough to cover the back of the hearth.
  3. Furnishing choices at times are a little clumsy, but a great foundation. I’d not put so many plates on the tables for example. Also the random room with papers and an ornate chest may be viewed as an attempt to just fill space.
  4. Noticed some small stuff like jungle half doors above spruce actual doors. It’s worth taking the time to fine tune these details and make it consistent.

These are largely small issues, which can very easily be worked on for your next challenge build.

For your next challenge build a “middle class” home in Maidenpool style. So someone who’s not quite a wealthy member of the town but is successful enough for some smaller luxuries.

All the best

Veggie

Reactions: DutchGuard

DubiusKartof

Mummer
Hello Veggie

Thank you for your response! I definitely agree with the feedback and tried to pay special attention to it while building my next challenge.

For my second challenge I made a mercer in the Maidenpool style. I am very happy with the result. I think Maidenpool suits me a better than Duskendale. This time I looked more at the furniture in Maidenpool, rather than coming up with my own. I hope this is ok? I did not know how to cover up the strip of stone on the first floor. Any advice on this?

Kind regards

DubiusKartof

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey Dubius,

Good job on the build, and getting it done so quickly too.

This looks like it'd fit in very well at Maidenpool, so you are quite right to be happy with this build.

Some minor critiques;

I'd put some type of rushes or a rug on the ground stone floor, always just looks a little bare without one I think.

The interiors feel a little jungle wood heavy, but nothing too excessive.

As for covering the stone strip, clever placement of furniture can be one great way to cover it up. Otherwise we have 'carpet' blocks of all our woods to hide things like that away.

These are issues I am confident can be ironed out with a probation period, you have displayed constitency at a level we would be happy to have on the server.

Congratulations!

Ask a mod in game to make you green, and be sure to create a probation thread.

Veg

DubiusKartof

Mummer
Thanks a lot Veggie! I would love to build the house at Maidenpool someday. Once again I agree with the feedback. I did not really notice how much jungle I used. I also did not use a rug because I thought the space was a bit to small.

Thank you for the advice and for doing it so quickly!

Kind regards

DubiusKartof

Reactions: DutchGuard